LaunchBox Community Forums

"Unable to import the game"

Stoneworld

Hello!

This morning, someone in my friend list got me the game "Hitman blood money" on steam, so i scanned my steam library with launchbox as usual. Found the game, except everytime it's about to import it, i get this error:

1aa2078856.png

It's in french but basically it's saying: "Error while searching for video Big Box Cinematix :
"Impossible to import the game """
The rest is in english.

Am i doing something wrong?

5 minutes ago, Stoneworld said:

Hello!

This morning, someone in my friend list got me the game "Hitman blood money" on steam, so i scanned my steam library with launchbox as usual. Found the game, except everytime it's about to import it, i get this error:

1aa2078856.png

It's in french but basically it's saying: "Error while searching for video Big Box Cinematix :
"Impossible to import the game """
The rest is in english.

Am i doing something wrong?

Try unchecking the box to import that video type (there isnt one for that game anyway) and see if it imports. I will pass this on to the devs though, thanks.

8 minutes ago, Stoneworld said:

Little update: I tried to add "The Lion's song" from epic game store, got the same error.

Whatever is happening seems to be unique to your system. I just added The Lions Song to my Launchbox with zero issues.

1403432757_2021-05-1321_35_44-ImportEpicGamesWizard.thumb.png.f06f6994120fedfc56e6b4597f7d1f50.png

1999137630_2021-05-1321_36_51-LaunchBox.png.0637edf7c7050000e5cd9988f756d00b.png

2101417315_2021-05-1321_37_48-LaunchBox.thumb.png.bfb1ce0ff34d058e6ca91136b549811b.png

Are you using any plugins, and what version Launchbox are you using?

Just now, Stoneworld said:

I was using the beta version. Got back to the regular version, no more errors.

Guess something was wrong with my installation somehow?

If i was you id install beta two again and see if the error re-appears, if it does can you please report the error in the beta thread below, thanks.

11.12 Beta Testing - Beta Testing - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com)