LaunchBox Community Forums

11.12 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Hey all, the first 11.12 beta is out now with the following:

• Fixed: Potential error in Big Box when switching view types and then navigating too quickly

• Fixed: For theme developers, the FlowControl SelectedScale property was not working with CoverFactory

• Fixed: On rare occasions, Epic image downloads were not saving correctly due to inconsistences with game images on Epic's servers

• Fixed: Errors for some users with the Edit DOSBox Configuration window (introduced in 11.11)

We are currently working on the last item from the poll as well: Icons for Types of Controls (Keyboard/Mouse, PS4/Xbox Controller, Wiimote, Nunchuk, etc.). We still have some work to do on that, but I wanted to get a beta out because of the above fixes.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

38 minutes ago, Pixel said:

Some things should be tackled sooner or later, anyway. These issues will be coming back over and over again. 

Bulk Edit Additional Apps
Allow Launch With for Additional Apps/Versions
Previous and Next Buttons in LaunchBox Edit Window
New Document Fields for Hintbooks, Cheats, and Maps
Display Platform/Playlist/Category Information in the LaunchBox Game Details Sidebar when No Game is Selected
Proper Support for Year-Only Release Dates

All good items to eventually get added and that's one of the great things about Jason doing polls. Items get added and users get to vote on items to prioritize over others. Unfortunately none of these garnered enough user votes last time. Maybe next poll as there are a couple items on that list I would not mind seeing.

• Like 1

Just now, Pixel said:

Not sure if this system is always good enough, though. Because some pretty important issues can be left out. 

Good enough or not it is nice a developer even does it. What is important to one is not always important to another. Personally everything on the list you quoted I can go a lifetime without ever caring about if it gets added. Though there are a couple I think are good additions. So it is nice to see our dev team at least allowing users to vote on items. Or we can just leave it to our dev team of 2 to decide what they want to do. Like many software developers do.

when adding types of controls please dont forget about the arcades ie trackball , spinner ,wheel 

New Document Fields for Hintbooks, Cheats, and Maps sounds great 

the ability to add to second screen as a alternative to marquee would be even better.

Better still would be the ability to allow theme creators to create zones  for multiple Document Fields on one screen

• Like 1

This thread is is not a feature request thread. While I appreciate your desire to make known what features you feel are missing from LaunchBox or Big Box, this is not the place to do that. This thread is for those who are on the beta to confirm that the above fixes HAVE indeed been fixed for them, and to report any issues they have found with this beta release. Please take requests to our BitBucket where you can vote and comment on feature requests in a way FAR more visible to us then any comments made here.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pixel said:
Steam Achievements in Details like Retro Achievements  had 24.85%. And you decide to implement it. 
New Document Fields for Hintbooks, Cheats, and Maps had 24.56%. And you decide to ignore it. 

Can you please explain me what is the logic behind it?

Probably because of ease of implementation since the achievement and Steam stuff was already there.

17 minutes ago, Pixel said:

Truly, I just do not understand your thinking. 

You don't need to understand any of the moderators thinking at all. There is only one persons thinking you need to concern yourself with at all and that is Jasons. He is the one who does the work and makes the decisions, not us.

31 minutes ago, Pixel said:

This had 417 votes. It is just a little less than the issues already tackled. The difference is not big. Yet you decide to ignore it. OK.

It's not ignored, it's just prioritized which has to be done or it all becomes a total mess.

• Like 1

Since the last update, big box just doesn't load for me anymore, its just go black and never loads.

I have been having a directory problem since 11.2, even though my file paths have been the same since 2016.

It seems this program just gets worse and now is unusable with no help on the forms. Which sucks I was an early supporter of Lunchbox and got a lot of people to subscribe. 

Edited by GuroDragon

3 minutes ago, GuroDragon said:

Since the last update, big box just dosn't load for me anymore, its just go black and never loads.

I have been have a directory problem since 11.2

This it seems this program just gets worse and now is unusable with no help on the forms. Which sucks I was an early supporter of Lunchbox and got a lot of people to subscribe. 

Please use the Help & Support > Report a Bug link provided at the top of the web page and explain in detail your issue. We can't fix a issue we don't know exists, and can't even begin to fix something with as little details as you've provided here.

4 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Please use the Help & Support > Report a Bug link provided at the top of the web page and explain in detail your issue. We can't fix a issue we don't know exists, and can't even begin to fix something with as little details as you've provided here.

I made a report, apologies in the past things were fixed in the threads I made here. If you could fix this great GREAT! Thank you!! :)

Edited by C-Beats
Removing details in the ticket as we will handle this issue there and not in this thread.

whenever I open BigBox with the Default theme or any other theme no keyboard/controller keys work and if they do work it just crashes shortly after.

Also, trying to install the latest beta I keep getting this message, so I cancelled the installation and I can't open LaunchBox anymore.

image.thumb.png.c856296947b155c0e340af83f17eadec.png

image.thumb.png.d58c95accaa0a68d9ec15baa43a06c30.png

Debug 2021-05-01 10-52-42 AM.log

Edited by wallmachine

On 4/29/2021 at 2:10 PM, C-Beats said:

This thread is is not a feature request thread. While I appreciate your desire to make known what features you feel are missing from LaunchBox or Big Box, this is not the place to do that. This thread is for those who are on the beta to confirm that the above fixes HAVE indeed been fixed for them, and to report any issues they have found with this beta release. Please take requests to our BitBucket where you can vote and comment on feature requests in a way FAR more visible to us then any comments made here.

I know this isn't really a beta issue, and I may be wrong, but seems to me that there use to be regular polls to vote on upcoming features. I haven't seen one or got an email about one for a very long time. If BitBucket is the primary way it is working now, maybe ETA or someone could make a video to show folks how to use BitBucket for voting. I didn't even know there was a voting feature in BitBucket until reading these posts.

BTW: BitBucket could use a good cleaning. I have issues created 3-4 years ago that need to simply be deleted, I couldn't find a place to delete as a user. Not sure if that's possible

Edited by Wanderer189

5 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

I know this isn't really a beta issue, and I may be wrong, but seems to me that there use to be regular polls to vote on upcoming features. I haven't seen one or got an email about one for a very long time. If BitBucket is the primary way it is working now, maybe ETA or someone could make a video to show folks how to use BitBucket for voting. I didn't even know there was a voting feature in BitBucket until reading these posts.

BTW: BitBucket could use a good cleaning. I have issues created 3-4 years ago that need to simply be deleted, I couldn't find a place to delete as a user. Not sure if that's possible

Look at the 1st post in this thread. Jason literally pointed out that he's working on the LAST of the features in the Top 20 of the last poll. So if you're wondering why there hasn't been a new poll yet, it's because the last poll isn't finished with yet. READ people.

Any more Non-Beta related posts in beta testing threads will get deleted.

These threads are solely for testing data related to beta releases so our two devs can have feedback to move forward.  

if it is not beta related start an appropriate thread in the appropriate sub-forum. 

• Like 2

On 4/29/2021 at 3:15 PM, Pixel said:

OK, then. Let's wait for @Jason Carr explanation. There is 24% vs 24% of voters. Makes no sense to me at all. 

Common sense buddy. As was explained to you several times, the priority was for the TOP 20. 24.85% = #20 and 24.56% = #21. That's why it's not on the list. It's elementary math. Did other things happen to get done along the way? Yeah. Why? Because they were convenient at the time of development and personal interests of the Dev team. That's why. There's nothing to understand or "get" here. It's pretty darn common sense. The features you're complaining about being ignored aren't. They'll show up in the next round of polling and popularity will reset priorities. If your features still don't make the cut you have to face the music - they aren't popular. If your retort is "How can 24% be popular but 24% isn't?" then you fundamentally aren't listening because the answer is in this very paragraph. Read it.

6 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

Look at the 1st post in this thread. Jason literally pointed out that he's working on the LAST of the features in the Top 20 of the last poll. So if you're wondering why there hasn't been a new poll yet, it's because the last poll isn't finished with yet. There's even a thread that kept track of this ever since the last poll. Simple.

Thank you Jason and C-Beats for your work and democratizing the process at least somewhat. You and the process are a big part of why so many are still around because the community get to participate in a clear and open way. The dynamic works, keep up the good job!

• Like 3

@mcfilmmakers Please see my post just prior to yours. I know your post came only a few minutes after mine and you were likely typing as I posted so I will leave it be. 

Any more comments on polls, Jason’s reasoning on dev decisions (which he owes no explanation to anyone), and/or anything non beta is getting deleted. From this thread or any beta thread moving forward. If you have nothing about the beta to post. MOVE ALONG!