LaunchBox Community Forums

CEMU - WiiU Games Key issues

RaiderX1212

I am hoping I can get some direction or help here. I cannot seem to find a solution for this anywhere.

With some WiiU games downloaded the files simply wont start up due to a key required. Now I already know about loading keys in the key txt in Cemu but even though I have all the keys in there that I could possibly find online these games wont load.

An example would be file name: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (USA) (En,Fr,Es) (v1.02).wux. There are not really many places to get WiiU games from so this is the only one I could find. I am not ripping my own games.

This title is encrypted. To run this application open keys.txt and add the disc key."

Not all games are in the 'wux' format and come in folders - these run fine and dont even need keys.

Is there anyone here who managed to set up WiiU in Cemu (and linked in Launchbox) who has some experience with this issue or could direct me in the right direction?

25 minutes ago, RaiderX1212 said:

This title is encrypted. To run this application open keys.txt and add the disc key."

The only advice I can give is that if you are going to play encrypted games, make sure the keys you add in keys.txt are for the correct region and version of your game. But otherwise unencrypted games is the way to go.

2 minutes ago, Koroth said:

The only advice I can give is that if you are going to play encrypted games, make sure the keys you add in keys.txt are for the correct region and version of your game. But otherwise unencrypted games is the way to go.

Thanks, the problem is finding those keys although I would prefer unencrypted games which seems to be very hard to find.

54 minutes ago, zugswang said:

Found the keys in one Google search so not that hard to find.

Can't share on here.

I did try that but every file I downloaded did not work.

Do you also have games named like this: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (USA) (En,Fr,Es) (v1.02).wux

I was thinking the name of the file itself can be the issue. All those extra characters at the end: "(USA) (En,Fr,Es) (v1.02)"

1 hour ago, RaiderX1212 said:

I did try that but every file I downloaded did not work.

Do you also have games named like this: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (USA) (En,Fr,Es) (v1.02).wux

I was thinking the name of the file itself can be the issue. All those extra characters at the end: "(USA) (En,Fr,Es) (v1.02)"

These key files are just text, they are not all separate files, you just need to manually paste the new keys to your existing key file.

23 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

These key files are just text, they are not all separate files, you just need to manually paste the new keys to your existing key file.

I understand how the key file works, the issue is I cannot find a key that matches the actual .wux file I have for the game.

And I have tried several found online through Google searches thus why I am thinking perhaps the name of the .wux file is an issue. I have no idea.

Just now, RaiderX1212 said:

I understand how the key file works, the issue is I cannot find a key that matches the actual .wux file I have for the game.

And I have tried several found online through Google searches thus why I am thinking perhaps the name of the .wux file is an issue. I have no idea.

Are you sure its not just a bad rom? the key files shouldnt really care about the name, as long as the game finds it in the key file.

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Are you sure its not just a bad rom? the key files shouldnt really care about the name, as long as the game finds it in the key file.

Yea I am not sure. Thats the thing, it is tricky to find roms for the WiiU. I can only really find 1 source outside of torrents.

I will try to search for other sources and see. I do have a couple that work but they did not download in this format. They were unpacked in folders and the emulator immediately picked them up plus they run without the need for keys.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Google "Wii U USB Helper".

Ahhh, thanks so much.

Now the only issue is lack of compatibility with the emulator. Hopefully Cemu is still being worked on to get more games working.

However one can only really play games that do not require motion controls. I am curious if someone on here has tried setting up a PS4 controller to use with motion controls.

• 2 months later...

hi guys sorry but i was playing mario kart 8 like 5 day ago on cemu everything was great i past key code and thats it but now after delete all and want it again, no way out always the same stupid message ''this game is encrypted blablabla'' i tried everything and still say that and just saying i never used usb helper and it work great before, can u help me please it fucking piss me off or just tell me a good wii u roms sites mayby i got wrong roms but its wux. file so.. it supposed to work 

• 11 months later...
On 5/28/2021 at 12:05 PM, RaiderX1212 said:

Have you downloaded Cemu hook??

I think it has a h.264 decoder, it may help