LaunchBox Community Forums

Drag and Drop Images

jayrox

Just updated to the latest version of launchbox now when I drag and drop an image to the editor window then click ok it won't import the image?

It only seems to be doing this on Playstation images others seem ok, I was editing the Playstation before the upload???

Edited by jayrox
Added info

2 hours ago, jayrox said:

Just updated to the latest version of launchbox now when I drag and drop an image to the editor window then click ok it won't import the image?

It only seems to be doing this on Playstation images others seem ok, I was editing the Playstation before the upload???

Hi @jayrox. That does sound like an interesting issue you are having there. I tested on my builds and don't seem to be having the same issue.

Are you able to check your platform data files and make sure you don't have anything odd going on in there. You should only have 1 xml file per platform. If you see anything else in there, you will want to clear it out.

\\LaunchBox\Data\Platforms

image.thumb.png.5d921e10291c617fff94fb076890d063.png

Also worth noting that some browsers do allow you to drag/drop from them, and when doing so they create temp files. We've seen in the past though that those files are then deleted before the user presses OK to save, and it makes the save fail so the picture looks like it isn't importing (because it isn't). Could you make sure that isn't the cause?

Thanks for the reply, checked data/platforms and there is only 1 copy of Sony Playstation.xml,  as I said above it only seems to be doing it on Sony Playstation all the other systems work fine, and so did Sony Playstation before the update, if I drag the file into the correct folder in windows D:\Launchbox No Intro\LaunchBox\Images\Sony Playstation\Box - 3D and rename the file just dragged to the folder, then refresh image in Launchbox it appears as the correct image??

10 minutes ago, jayrox said:

Thanks for the reply, checked data/platforms and there is only 1 copy of Sony Playstation.xml,  as I said above it only seems to be doing it on Sony Playstation all the other systems work fine, and so did Sony Playstation before the update, if I drag the file into the correct folder in windows D:\Launchbox No Intro\LaunchBox\Images\Sony Playstation\Box - 3D and rename the file just dragged to the folder, then refresh image in Launchbox it appears as the correct image??

Yup, that should work. The standard for image files is: [game name]-01 (replacing symbols with underscores... eg Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus becomes Oddworld_ Abe_s Exoddus-01)

Alternatively, naming them the same as your imported game file also works.

I know it should work like that, but the way I do it is drag the file go to the editor window in Launchbox, then media/Images  drop it in the grey window, choose image type Box - 3D, click ok then the file I dropped used to be named to match the rom file and copied to the correct folder eg. D:\Launchbox No Intro\LaunchBox\Images\Sony Playstation\Box - 3D, and this still works  for all the other system platforms, just not Sony Playstation??

Nope, dont think a format is in order. I also have a problem with images since the last update. I can't seem to import new images anymore, LB just doesnt save them after I add them with the edit option....

EDIT; added some screenshots, I try to edit a DOS game, it has 5 images, I add two gameplay screenshots, then I see 7 images in total (screenshot 04), but after I press OK and try to edit it is back to 5 images again... I am stumped...

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Edited by Stigt
added screenshots

3 hours ago, Stigt said:

Nope, dont think a format is in order. I also have a problem with images since the last update. I can't seem to import new images anymore, LB just doesnt save them after I add them with the edit option....

EDIT; added some screenshots, I try to edit a DOS game, it has 5 images, I add two gameplay screenshots, then I see 7 images in total (screenshot 04), but after I press OK and try to edit it is back to 5 images again... I am stumped...

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Hi @Stigt. Kind of curious. If you moved those screenshot images to another folder (like your downloads folder), and then tried to import them, does it work?

Just a guess, but there may be something strange going on with file/folder locking (or a permissions thing), either with the folder you are trying to add the images to, or the images you are trying to add to the folder.