LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't open gamewheel in BIGBOX

Zeaede

Just now, Retro808 said:

Looks like your using one of the Unified themes. The image shows you are still in the platform level and that view is designed to show a full screen platform video. Do you have platform videos downloaded? 

I think thats the game view and not the platform view, at least thats how i read it. Have you edited the theme in any way, like the folder name? As there should be a bunch of images there.

19 minutes ago, Zeaede said:

Is it these settings and paths i have to change?

lbnes1.jpg

You dont need to change any settings. If the theme is unzipped correctly to the correct location it will just work, that is why i asked if you have changed anything with the theme itself.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

I think thats the game view and not the platform view, at least thats how i read it. Have you edited the theme in any way, like the folder name? As there should be a bunch of images there.

That's the platform level. The metadata bottom of the image is for the platform not the game. When in the actual game list that bar would show a game's metadata. I can create the same image by removing my NES platform video. So something is not letting the user get into the actual game level.

Map a button in BigBox controller or keyboard options to "Change View" and then go back into that screen and hit that button see if the view changes.

When you are on the platform level before you click a button to go into that platform to see the games does the platform video show at all?

Is this the platform level?

Think media might be missing for nes, but see media for all other systems

But either way, nothing is happend if i click on selected system from platform level, i don't go to gamewheel?

On the screen below you can see nesds has image

But same with nes is black, maybe cos missing media

lbnes2.jpg

Edited by Zeaede

I can explain easier with N64

1) First picture is showing plattform when click for the n64 system to load

2) Second picture is showing up some seconds after i passed the first picture

3) When im moving arrow keys up and down, i get back to plattform wheel and not game wheel which should be seen on picture 2?

lbn641.jpg

lb642.jpg

Ok, might find the issue

When in gamewheel, i press 1, then it's showing the wheel of games with images and video

If i press 3 i go back

Where can these settings be changed?

But some systems are black, where can those changes in settings be done adding missing media for that wheel?

lbn643.jpg

Edited by Zeaede

17 minutes ago, Zeaede said:

Ok, might find the issue

When in gamewheel, i press 1, then it's showing the wheel of games with images and video

If i press 3 i go back

Where can these settings be changed?

But some systems are black, where can those changes in settings be done adding missing media for that wheel?

lbn643.jpg

That is not an issue that is how BigBox is designed. So that's the misunderstanding. When you move up or down to the different platform names if you just stop on one it does not automatically go into the games. It just stays on the platform name and plays a platform video. You have to click what ever button you map to actually go into the game list. So you map a "Select/Enter" button and a "Back" button.

In your BigBox settings there are specific sections for Controller and Keyboard mapping. You change them there. While you are in the BigBox settings I recommend spending time looking around at all the options. There are a bunch to to get familiar with.

4 hours ago, Zeaede said:

Another issue with bigbox i can't run any games, get message "the rom file you specified does not excist"

Shouldn't the rom path in big box be the same in Launcbox, where same rom is working with Rocket Launcher?

If the game works in Launchbox it works in Bigbox, and if it doesnt work in Launchbox it won't work in Bigbox. I have seen several posts from you from the last couple of weeks where you seemed to of started using RocketLauncher, it does seem to me that you have added a program that you do not need, or frankly understand how it works, and you are breaking things that previously worked. Why have you added this extra complexity? you now have to worry about if RocketLauncher loads games, not Launchbox/Bigbox as Launchbox/Bigbox is no longer the launcher, RocketLauncher is. So these issues are actually RocketLauncher issues now and not Launchbox ones anymore, and we don't support RocketLauncher as it's not our program.

11 minutes ago, Zeaede said:

Rocketlauncher makes things easier

Many are using and talking about Retroarch, should they quit talking about all problems have here, talk it over at RA forum instead?

If RL makes things easier for your use that is great. However, it makes troubleshooting harder as you now have a 3rd layer involved. So you now have a launcher (LB/BB) launching a launcher (RL) launching games. Add to that all the modules RL uses and we end up chasing issues down a rabbit hole.

BB uses LB setup for roms and emulators. If BB is not launching and LB is, then there is likely something within RL that is not happy with BB.

To test I would say pick an easy platform and setup the stand alone emulator to run those games and then set that up in LB. Test if BB runs the games. If it does we can confirm RL is having an issue with BB.

Yeah, with this extra layer you have to get the games launching in RocketLauncher now, it doesnt matter if they worked in Launchbox/Bigbox, as we no longer launch them, RocketLauncher does. So your troubleshooting needs to be with RocketLauncher and why that isn't launching your games. You can ask for RocketLauncher help here, but it may be a long long wait as most people do not use it, as its not needed and complicates matters.