LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing issues

Amoebiuss

Hi all, I am a new user to launchbox, lifetime subscribed last week. So I have a couple of questions as I am still learning some things about it. So if anyone can help :)

As an example, I have an "Emerson Arcadia 2001" No-Intro pack. It has 48 roms. I use the launchbox wizard to import the roms, just standard way of doing it. No cover download or emumovies download.

If they are zipped and imported, only 46 roms show up and missing 2, (Capture (USA, Europe) (Spiders (USA, Europe).

If I unzip them and they are *.bin files, and I import, 5 are missing (Circus (Europe), Space Mission (USA, Europe), Space Vultures (USA, Europe), Star Chess (USA, Europe), Super Gobbler (Europe).

I checked the launchbox games database and they do exist and have coverart, etc.

I also tested this a bit with other platforms and I am getting various issues, all I want is if I have 100 roms, they all get imported, all 100, everytime. During the import process launchbox does not even tell me which ones it did not import.

If I check the 'audit' function, that also does not tell me how many games are imported and no duplicates are listed. I am finding some serious issues with this at the moment.

During import I don't use the 'combine rom function', Basically no option selected. And that really should not make any difference to the import process.

I have been using plex for years with movies and tv shows, on that software if I import 50 movies, 50 movies show up, even if it doesn't get them correct I have at least a chance to correct them.

Am I missing something? Thanks if you can help. Cheers

Emerson Arcadia 2001.jpg

Edited by Amoebiuss

I don't have any history with that system, but thought I'd write out some ideas of what you might be seeing.

• LaunchBox also will try not to import duplicate games.
  • LaunchBox does try and combine roms it thinks is the same game but different version.

You can change those settings during the import process. You can see if either of those help.

image.thumb.png.3b308d2ab0d46cea5cc9683b9c1246d2.png

Are they not imported or are they just hidden because of settings? In the bottom of your windows you should see a counter that reads something to the affect of "Displaying X of Y games..." When you go to that platform are both numbers the same or does it say something like 46 of 48?