LaunchBox Community Forums

Two active bluetooth gamepads at same time in Windows10?

dmaker

I've never tried to do this before, so maybe it shouldn't work. I was having a heck of a time getting one of my 2 DS4 controllers to work in Win10. It would pair, but just appear as Wireless Controller and not actually useable. I have an Nvidia Shield TV gamepad currently working fine, but wanted to setup some 2 player fun for me and my wife. 

Eventually I went to Bestbuy and bought an Xbox One Wireless Controller and paired. Works great. But now the Nvidia gamepad does not work in games. I can browse Launchbox/Bigbox but nothing beyond up/down works on the nvidia controller. 

We played a few games with player 2 using a keyboard. Turns out that 16 bit retro gaming is not something that my wife finds as entertaining as I do--go figure. So this may not be that important anyway. I am glad to have purchased the Xbox One controller as now I can couch play Arkham City and whatnot. I re-purpsed a gaming rig (core-i7, all SSD drives, 32 GB RAM, GTX 980) , so would be kind of a waste to only do some 16 bit gaming on it. It can handle Skyrim generation games very well. Now I can also return the Nvidia controller to the Shield and use it for Gamestream and maybe some other stuff. 

Still, would have been nice to have two wireless controllers at the same time. 

I started using a utility called x360ce recently. Might be worth checking out.

My use case was different than yours, I wanted to have many different types of controllers all register as player 1, and have all the buttons on each controller reampped to work in the same way (like an xbox controller). It worked out pretty well.