LaunchBox Community Forums

Idea for rom duplicates problem

darky1986

Hi,

Like everyone i'm just hating these duplicates.
i don't mind the space but its really anoying when u download a full or new romset, it comes with duplicates.
Cleaning the mess up manually will take forever.

I know launchbox can filter those duplicates out, but i guess it doesn't know what file has priority from the others sample:
Pacman.zip
Pacmanb.zip
Pacmanc.zip
But as a big retroachievements and thebezelproject  fan i alway want it to import the Pacman.zip without a,b,c,,1,2,3... at the end.
Because of that achievements and bezels will stop working.

My question is: Is there a possibility when importing a game, launchbox loads a gamelist and auto chooses the correct romname.zip. 
How does it knows  which one gets priority to choose?
It loads a list from the launchbox database.

Is there anyway to give this a shout out to the devs?!

1 hour ago, darky1986 said:

Hi,

Like everyone i'm just hating these duplicates.
i don't mind the space but its really anoying when u download a full or new romset, it comes with duplicates.
Cleaning the mess up manually will take forever.

I know launchbox can filter those duplicates out, but i guess it doesn't know what file has priority from the others sample:
Pacman.zip
Pacmanb.zip
Pacmanc.zip
But as a big retroachievements and thebezelproject  fan i alway want it to import the Pacman.zip without a,b,c,,1,2,3... at the end.
Because of that achievements and bezels will stop working.

My question is: Is there a possibility when importing a game, launchbox loads a gamelist and auto chooses the correct romname.zip. 
How does it knows  which one gets priority to choose?
It loads a list from the launchbox database.

Is there anyway to give this a shout out to the devs?!

There are no duplicates in a MAME romset, there are version variations and regional versions, but no duplicates.

1 hour ago, darky1986 said:

You specify the region you prefer in the import wizard, that version will be the default launched if that game has a rom from that region. Also what is "correct" in your example of Pacman, none of those roms are technically correct, as the actual parent rom is puckman, not pacman, so in your example you would specifically be prioritizing the INCORRECT rom.