LaunchBox Community Forums

Quick change shortcut from Bigbox to Launchbox needed

Happy Horus

When you're in BB and want to change the marquee etc you need to come out of BB and go to LB. There appears to be no quick shortcut for this unlike the opposite of CTRL B going straight from LB to BB. I'm making sure all my favs have great marquees on my 2nd monitor and going back and forth from BB to LB isn't as easy as it could be. Any help most appreciated even to confirm you can't do it.

15 minutes ago, Happy Horus said:

When you're in BB and want to change the marquee etc you need to come out of BB and go to LB. There appears to be no quick shortcut for this unlike the opposite of CTRL B going straight from LB to BB. I'm making sure all my favs have great marquees on my 2nd monitor and going back and forth from BB to LB isn't as easy as it could be. Any help most appreciated even to confirm you can't do it.

There is a option in Bigbox settings to launch the desktop UI.

On 7/1/2021 at 7:10 PM, Happy Horus said:

the only thing I found in BB was Keyboard Automation / show launchbox by clicking s. But this has no effect. Is this what you mean?

It's called: Switch to Desktop Mode

image.thumb.png.7af96be5a6591e20b8dc5382a49b5c3e.png

Tbh, there's probably a better way to do this. When I was trying to do the same thing, what I did was go into LaunchBox Options and change the Media > Screenshot Priorities to show "Arcade - Marquee" (put it at the top of the list).

Then, I switched the image group to Screenshots. That allowed me to see all games with a marquee so I can easily fill in the gaps.

image.thumb.png.f9ad4ca7750d06a9a1208eb367c2bea2.pngimage.png.c4459f23fecb537ce11cf72120adb690.png