LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch Launch box MAME set issues

MikeyHimstadt

I'm having an issue loading romsets from launchbox itself. After importing the multi-romset I have into launchbox I went into RetroArch and scanned the arcade folder. After scanning in RetroArch it automatically made some tabs within RetroArch. This includes a final burn tab, mame, mame 2000, mame 2003. I'm assuming this is breaking them out into their preferred romsets. My issue is when I setup the emulator in launchbox it only allows one core per platform. Is there some magic launchbox could do to auto select the core ? Or maybe some debug steps to help me run this ? My main issue is it's 2k+ games so setting individually is not an option.

I considered trying to somehow export the RetroArch categories and somehow import into launchbox. Once that's done I could do a bulk edit or something to provide the proper core ? Any ideas?

Yeah, there is no need at all to have them scanned in Retroarch, and if its a complete romset they will all use one emulator, not several like you mention. If they do have to use several different emultators then it wasnt a MAME fullset, so you should not of used the fullset importer.