LaunchBox Community Forums

"Number of Players" in game details

Knowcontrol

Yes, I've searched but I can't seem to find my answer.

I'm upping my emulation game from a RPi 3B+ to a Windows desktop. One thing that I really appreciated in EmulationStation was in the display of "Number of Players" in the game details.

I can't seem to find an option in LB or BB to enable/disable the display of Number of Players. Am I missing a setting? Or is this not a feature? Yes, yes, I know I can group the games by number of players, but that's not always how I will want to view the games. In addition, I'd argue that this is a simple statistic that is missing given that every other statistic about a game can be enabled/disabled - such as Developer, Console, Release Date, and even Publisher. Then why not Number of Players too? It's already scraped and in the database, why not have an option to display it?

I've purchased LB premium because I can tell the incredible amount of work that has gone into LB/BB and I look forward to future developments and improvements. Keep up the amazing work, @Jason Carr

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Knowcontrol said:

Yes, I've searched but I can't seem to find my answer.

I'm upping my emulation game from a RPi 3B+ to a Windows desktop. One thing that I really appreciated in EmulationStation was in the display of "Number of Players" in the game details.

I can't seem to find an option in LB or BB to enable/disable the display of Number of Players. Am I missing a setting? Or is this not a feature? Yes, yes, I know I can group the games by number of players, but that's not always how I will want to view the games. In addition, I'd argue that this is a simple statistic that is missing given that every other statistic about a game can be enabled/disabled - such as Developer, Console, Release Date, and even Publisher. Then why not Number of Players too? It's already scraped and in the database, why not have an option to display it?

I've purchased LB premium because I can tell the incredible amount of work that has gone into LB/BB and I look forward to future developments and improvements. Keep up the amazing work, @Jason Carr

LaunchBox does show this option in the game details bar as shown in pic. Also make sure you have it enabled in the options as well.

Screenshot 2021-07-03 075547.png

Screenshot 2021-07-03 075747.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kmoney said:

LaunchBox does show this option in the game details bar as shown in pic. Also make sure you have it enabled in the options as well.

Screenshot 2021-07-03 075547.png

Screenshot 2021-07-03 075747.png

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! I KNEW it had to be somewhere and I just wasn't seeing it. Thanks for the noob screenshots too!

Yes, in the BigBox options there is an option to even view play modes and you can see what the different categories are such as single,multiplayer and etc.

Also make sure you have "View Play Modes" checked in the options under game details in BigBox. Also it varies by themes and different views if the coder decided to show max players or not as well in a paticular theme or view.