LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't seem to import The Elder Scrolls Online

dmaker

I am trying to import ESO. I tried the import Windows games wizard, but it found nothing. I then added it manually, made sure the platform was Windows, pointed to the launcher, scraped the metadata, hit OK. But it never shows up in my Windows platform. 

I've imported lots of games in the past, albeit all are either GOG or Steam. This is my first attempt at manually adding a Windows game. I don't think I did anything wrong, but perhaps?

Thank you.

I thought maybe it had something to do with my Steam games importing as Windows (which I wanted). So I renamed the Windows platform to Steam Games and created a new Windows platform and tried to manually add ESO again. It goes through the wizard fine, but just doesn't show up. Neither did the new "Windows" platform either.

Where is your ESO from, bethesda itself, gamepass? Have you tried just dragging and dropping the exe to Launchbox? You say you are trying to add the launcher, is the launcher not called Elder Scrolls Online and is therefore not under E in Launchbox?

It is direct from Bethesda where I purchased it. 

I will try dragging and dropping. I added the launcher as that is the target of the shortcut the game puts on the desktop post install. I can also try using a different exe.

Thanks

EDIT: I looked, but there really is no exe other than the launcher to use. 

Dragging and dropping the launcher does not work either. It results in an empty entry at the end of the wizard, so I just cancelled it. 

EDIT:

I found an eso64.exe in a client subfolder in the game install root folder. I added that using drag and drop and it appears (with no metadata) in my Windows platform. It goes straight to launching the game and does present me with my login screen. So perhaps this will work. I wonder about patching and stuff, which is kind of the point of the launcher. It will check to make sure you have the most current game client before launching it. 

Well, I went back to the entry for ESO and edited it to The Elder Scrolls Online for the game title (it was just eso64), then scraped the metadata and saved. Now it has again disappeared. 

Edited by dmaker

I'd check to make sure you don't already have a game by that name in that platform in your library, also check to make sure it isn't being added as an additional app. If you have confirmed that neither are the case please navigate to your \\LaunchBox\Data\Platforms\ folder and ensure you don't have backup files in there that don't belong.

Hi, I did a search for "scrolls" in the All games platform and it only returned Oblivion and Skyrim. I can't find ESO anywhere. 

I looked in the platform folder and there was an unknown platform.xml  I deleted that and then added the game manually. Same thing, it does not appear, but the unknown platform.xml did re-appear in the platforms folder.

I do see it saying to "Unknown Platform" though I'm not sure off hand what would cause that. In the AddEditGame window, after setting the platform to Windows, can you click into another text box, and then into another tab (in that order) before pressing OK and let me know if it still happens after doing that?

Ok, so this is going from mildly annoying to bad. I looked at the unknown platform xml and noticed it was mentioning Netfllix. 

Once upon a time I had created a custom platform called TV where I had shortcuts to KODI, Netflix, etc. So I did a search for Netflix in ALL and found an entry and deleted it. 

Now for some reason, all of my platforms are completely empty.

Took a look at the file you sent me. You have multiple things going on. Please do the following to correct:

Remove the SavedFilters.xml file
Remove the Settings - Copy.xml file
Go to Platforms and remove the "Unknown Platform.xml" file
Open LaunchBox, go to View drop down. Uncheck "Hide games missing box front image"
Your game should then show in Windows platform (it was being hidden because of missing images)

• Like 1