LaunchBox Community Forums

Dreamcast games for arcade cabinet

Newlander

3 hours ago, Newlander said:

What games are must haves for an arcade cabinet? or what percentage of games are playable with arcade controls?

Another option is don't limit yourself and add some controllers. 

I have 2 XBOX wireless controllers that are mounted on the front of my cabinet. Using a few 3D printed holders they are very inconspicuous and don't crowd the normal arcade control panel.

5 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

Another option is don't limit yourself and add some controllers. 

I have 2 XBOX wireless controllers that are mounted on the front of my cabinet. Using a few 3D printed holders they are very inconspicuous and don't crowd the normal arcade control panel.

how does that work? would open me upto having more consoles from that era, as I have my Ipac configured as xbox controllers , any chance of some photos or a link to the holders? do you have Nintendo 64 setup with arcade controls or xbox controllers?

17 hours ago, Newlander said:

how does that work? would open me upto having more consoles from that era, as I have my Ipac configured as xbox controllers , 

I prefer to keep my iPac in keyboard mode as they are basically used for arcade games only, but you you can add more real XBOX controllers as well, The only thing you'll have to do is make sure you set the right controllers in each emulator. 

any chance of some photos or a link to the holders? 

Sure, the STL files are on Thingiverse, but I don't have the direct link handy.

do you have Nintendo 64 setup with arcade controls or xbox controllers?

SInce I used the iPac in keyboard I was able to enable both the arcade controls and the Xbox controllers at the same time. (very easy to do in Retroarch)

I have since changed to just using the Xbox controllers for console games. Some of the games on consoles with analog controls, really need real analog to be playable.

IMG_3469.jpg