LaunchBox Community Forums

Best way to search for missing game media

SiriusVI

Hey everyone,

I would like to use some of the 3d game box sets available here to keep some consistency with how my collection looks. However, for the games that are not included in the sets, I would still like to be able to download the 3d images that Launchbox might have in its database.

I would also like to check for missing game media one platform at a time, because I have a very large collection of platforms and it takes ages to let Launchbox update the missing game media for the whole collection.

So for example (SNES):

1. I delete every 3D Box (USA) set in the SNES images folder

2. I download a 3D Box set and extract it into the SNES images folder for 3D boxes.

--> When I now go to games missing media 3D Boxes and look at the SNES platform, there are almost no games shown even though many are still missing 3D Boxes (Non USA Regions)

So my question is: How can I get Launchbox to show me, which SNES games currently have no 3D Boxes?

Use the Audit tool. Does the same image check logic the "Games Missing Media" filter does before showing the results. There are columns for the various image groups that tell you how many images a game has in each group. Just click the column to sort by and all the games with 0 images should group together to make what you're trying to do easier.

21 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Use the Audit tool. Does the same image check logic the "Games Missing Media" filter does before showing the results. There are columns for the various image groups that tell you how many images a game has in each group. Just click the column to sort by and all the games with 0 images should group together to make what you're trying to do easier.

But the Audit Tool doesn't allow me to then select all games that are missing 3d boxes and start downloading them, right?

What I would like is having Launchbox showing me all snes games without 3d box images --> select all --> download 3d images for those games.

16 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Select all the items in the Audit tool, right click and open the Download Metadata and Media tool.

I just tried your suggestion, but it does not seem to work.

I deleted every file in 3D box images for SNES and copied 742 images I downloaded into the folder. Then I refreshed the SNES library images. After that I audited the SNES library.

image.thumb.png.348d5d0068e6062aab7bda0853ffea55.png

So far so good, however, the results of the audit are incorrect. The audit shows only very few games with "0" 3D Box images, when in fact only 742 games of the 1785 in my collection actually have 3D Box images.

image.thumb.png.a77e0d6715c8fe24315ca6540cfe6fa6.png

I don't know what's wrong here. Any suggestions?

EDIT: When I click to check on some of the images listed in the list above, many of them are not 3D box Images, but they are listed as such.

Edited by SiriusVI

16 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Audit tool uses your priorities options to determine WHAT is a 3D box image. It could be that you have more than just the Box - 3D image type in that image group. If you go to Tools > Options what do you see here?
image.thumb.png.6d9871bcbaae6fbef14199cd421c3817.png

Ahhh, I didn't know that. Yes that is most likely the issue. Thanks for your help, again!

Worked fine, thx!

Edited by SiriusVI