LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing ROMs is inconsistent (not working properly)

wallmachine

Importing a ROM using the folder or files option is inconsistent (not working properly).

Just to note I don't have any duplicate games of the same name only one of each (I checked the box in case you ask me to in your troubleshooting steps). I did 4 imports just to show you its reproducible. To have LaunchBox import the correct amount of ROMs is the only solution to import the platform, delete the platform and re-import without closing LaunchBox so the correct amount of ROMs are imported?

Import Games Folder:
1st Import: Opened LaunchBox and imported the folder, it only imported 704 games out of 706, deleted the Platform and closed LaunchBox
2nd Import: Opened LaunchBox and imported the folder, it only imported 703 games out of 706, deleted the Platform and closed LaunchBox
3rd Import: Opened LaunchBox and imported the folder, it only imported 702 games out of 706, deleted the Platform and left LaunchBox opened
4th Import: LaunchBox is already opened, imported the folder and the correct games were imported 706 games out of 706

Import Game Files:
1st Import: Opened LaunchBox and imported the files, it only imported 705 games out of 706, deleted the Platform and closed LaunchBox
2nd Import: Opened LaunchBox and imported the files, it only imported 702 games out of 706, deleted the Platform and closed LaunchBox
3rd Import: Opened LaunchBox and imported the files, it only imported 701 games out of 706, deleted the Platform and left LaunchBox opened
4th Import: LaunchBox is already opened, imported the files and the correct games were imported 706 games out of 706

Edited by wallmachine

On 7/28/2021 at 11:38 PM, Retro808 said:

I do not believe any import issues were looked at during the betas leading up to this release other than making some region/beta rom prioritization tweaks.

ahk, tried a few other systems same result.

How are others working around games not being imported?

Edited by wallmachine

• 2 weeks later...

We have the same issues with the importing wizard. My launchbox imported 856 instead of 906, I got the directory listing into excel with a listing of the Genesis launchbox database and started to compare the 2, found and imported 11 manually by the end of F. I don't want to do this process for the remaining 39 games.

My thread below -having them referenced to each other as you did earlier makes it all easier to look at.