LaunchBox Community Forums

Trouble running Emerson Arcadia in MAME through LB

wichitakid71

Been struggling for while to get Arcadia games up and running but finally did.  What finally worked was setting up a separate MAME202 (it's what I happen to have) and unchecking some boxes that were checked in my Arcade MAME setup.  The games now launch and play.  At first, a separate window popped up on my separate monitor saying my video setting (d3d9x) was not supported, "switching to gdi."  I got the message to go away with a command line switch to gdi, but the window opens every time, every game.  It is a MAME window, but there's nothing in it (see image on right).

image.thumb.png.6f538d919ccddaff0b6ff2f31bc6915d.png

Here is my command line:  "-keyboardprovider dinput -video gdi -nowindow -skip_gameinfo arcadia -cart"  The only box checked is "extract ROM archives before running."   Although I always see the skip_gameinfo and nowindow commands usually coming after the -cart command, when I place them at the end the game won't launch.

Can anyone help me make the window go away, or explain what I have done wrong with my commands?  Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Scott

8 hours ago, wichitakid71 said:

usually coming after the -cart

The order of the parameters generally doesn't matter.  However here you definitely want -cart as the last one because LaunchBox appends the rom_file_name to the end.

8 hours ago, wichitakid71 said:

make the window go away

When you edit you MAME emulator, you shouldn't need the box "Extract ROM archives before running" checked.  In fact with MAME, probably better off keeping that unchecked.   

Now look directly to the left of that checkbox, and try checking it. ;) 

image.png.86739a2b4a20eb480506c9034e4117ec.png