LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box BUG - Big Box detects my Logitech G25 PC Wheel but it does not recognize any key input when I try to set new controller keys on the controller mapper.

Soulchip

I created an arcade machine for racing games using a core 2 duo windows 7 pc, logitech g25, and a television with rgb... everything works perfectly... GroovyMame works fine with logitech g25, big box even detects the wheel logitech g25....but when I try to map the controller to control big box the controllers menu does nothing when i press a key to detect it... what is happening? I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate with all the patches until 2021... everything is working perfectly...it's just big box that is not wanting to cooperate.

I'm very frustrated...after all this work, getting a cabinet, fitting logitech g25 inside, making the rgb work with the tv set... the most simple thing is not working.

Hi @Soulchip. While I never used a Logitech G25 wheel before, your first step in troubleshooting should be to go into your Windows Controller properties and test that all buttons of your wheel are being registered by Windows.

Here's some general steps on how to test your controller that I found on microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-troubleshoot-game-controllers-in-microsoft-games-ee731224-b2d7-f25e-3c2a-338b27dbe1f5

Here's a short video of someone testing out their controller on Win 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRh8M5M03Ao

Once you confirm that your button presses are getting registered in Windows, we can then narrow down the cause of why Big Box is not registering them.

I Just discovered something funny, If I press Pedal it takes it like ENTER, if I press button 1 it takes it like ESC.... neither of those buttons are configured on bigbox.... they are all in "none" So...the controller IS working on bigbox, but with some default configuration and I cannot seem to change it.

Well @Jason Carr this is going from bad to worst.... now i tried to use a generic usb joystick (playstation 2 style) and the same issue...big box detects the joystick but when I try to map the buttons nothing happens...sometimes it detects a button and sometimes it does not...and when it does, it is not the button I pressed....

After tinkering with this for 5 hours straight... I discovered that when you create a profile for Logitech g25, you can tell the PC wheel to emulate keyboard keys instead of joystick buttons...without using any kind of third party software...just logitech gaming software. So I did this for some buttons on the shift gear, the d-pad and the buttons above and it works! 

So the solution so far is creating a profile with the very old logitech gaming software and transforming all digital buttons into keyboard keys and use that for bigbox...keep the pedals and they wheel as they are since this will affect mame too and you want those analog controls. I don-t know if this solution will fix the problem for people with g27, g29, g920 etc....

Oh by they way, configure your mame to use multiple keyboards.

Edited by Soulchip