LaunchBox Community Forums

Is it possible to create a LaunchBox setup for another offline PC

Replay

Hey guys, it's been a while since I last posted. I got moved and everything is all good now.

My question is I run LaunchBox on my main PC using MAME & RetroArch (Windows 10 O/S) and it's wonderful. Does everything I need it to and I don't have a single issue.

Now I have a second PC that's totally offline because it's connected to a consumer Sony Trinitron CRT using a component transcoder and hacked video driver (CRT_EMUDRIVER) plus Windows 7 (640X480) desktop resolution.

which then allows me to run GroovyMAME in 240P @ 15kHz

Is there a way with my main PC to create some image and setup that will allow me to run some barebones version of Launchbox with some theme and artwork/videos for this offline setup?

I'm assuming here that LB requires modern dependencies and such so there would be problems with offline and old non-updated O/S

[Feature Request] A current updated version of LB that's licensed has an option to create an image of a basic version of LB (doesn't need to be latest version with all bells & whistles) that would work with GroovyMAME on offline PC

If this is already possible, please tell me how. Thanks!!

You can easily run LB offline, there is no online requirements whatsoever. You just need to install the required .NET and Direct libraries and even those do not have an online requirement, just download on one PC and copy over and install.

6 minutes ago, Replay said:

[Feature Request] A current updated version of LB that's licensed has an option to create an image of a basic version of LB (doesn't need to be latest version with all bells & whistles) that would work with GroovyMAME on offline PC

Really not sure exactly what you are asking for here but feature requests can be made using the BitBucket page, link found at the top of the webpage under Help & Support.

• Like 1