LaunchBox Community Forums

what files to scrape to speed up downloads?

H3RBSKI

hey guys im new to launchbox but have been watching a bunch of tutorials over the last few days. The issue im having is not knowing what to scrape to use in bigbox. i have 4000 roms but its trying to download 89000 files! i left my pc on over night to scrape everything and in the 7 hours it only managed to scrape 2000 ish files. this seems like its going to take days and days. What files should i be scraping for use in Bigbox and is there anyway to speed up the downloads? im on 500mb connection in the UK so the speed shouldnt really be an issue :(

38 minutes ago, H3RBSKI said:

hey guys im new to launchbox but have been watching a bunch of tutorials over the last few days. The issue im having is not knowing what to scrape to use in bigbox. i have 4000 roms but its trying to download 89000 files! i left my pc on over night to scrape everything and in the 7 hours it only managed to scrape 2000 ish files. this seems like its going to take days and days. What files should i be scraping for use in Bigbox and is there anyway to speed up the downloads? im on 500mb connection in the UK so the speed shouldnt really be an issue :(

What images to want is completely dependant on what theme you choose to use, different themes use different image types. Also you should of unchecked the "remove roughly matched duplicate images" box in the wizard, that option hugely slows down imports as we use a AI program to look at each file downloaded to see if it is a duplicate.

1 minute ago, H3RBSKI said:

thank you will try that now, is there a way to just scrape a certain system so i can do them 1 by 1? as the wizard just does the every rom/platform i have installed. sorry to be a pain

Highlight all the games in a platform by clicking one and using CTRL-A to highlight them all, then run the tool.