LaunchBox Community Forums

how to boot cd games without unzipping?

Newlander

1 hour ago, Newlander said:

hey guys just wondering how to boot zip files (.bin and cue) without extracting files , just by importing them as zip files , i have previously used rocket launcher to do this , which I'm trying to move away from though it is hard

They will need to be unzipped regardless as its one of the files inside the zip that the emulator needs. So you have three options, 1. Unzip your games to folders and import the cue files only. 2. Unzip and convert your cue/bin files to CHD (assuming the emulator used supports CHD they do in Retroarch), this saves even more space than zips and is just one file that is loaded directly to the emulator. 3. Use this plugin. Archive Cache Manager - Third-party Apps and Plugins - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com)

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

They will need to be unzipped regardless as its one of the files inside the zip that the emulator needs. So you have three options, 1. Unzip your games to folders and import the cue files only. 2. Unzip and convert your cue/bin files to CHD (assuming the emulator used supports CHD they do in Retroarch), this saves even more space than zips and is just one file that is loaded directly to the emulator. 3. Use this plugin. Archive Cache Manager - Third-party Apps and Plugins - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com)

great! thank you that plugin looks great , no idea why its not baked into LB by default , is there any way to add bezels for emulators which aren't mame or retroarch? like Naomi, Daphne ect? or will I have to use rocketlauncher for those?