LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade Showing Twice under Platform Category

HopelessArcader

I added all my roms using the wizard which pops up when you open Launchbox. I said yes to the playlist auto creation and it went on its merry way. Once completed I now have 2 Arcades (Which isn't ideal) and if I go to delete either one I get a message which tells me my whole library will be deleted. I must be doing something stupid but I can't figure out what...please help

image.png.cf921c596668b55942976d1a02523cf0.png

9 minutes ago, HopelessArcader said:

I added all my roms using the wizard which pops up when you open Launchbox. I said yes to the playlist auto creation and it went on its merry way. Once completed I now have 2 Arcades (Which isn't ideal) and if I go to delete either one I get a message which tells me my whole library will be deleted. I must be doing something stupid but I can't figure out what...please help

image.png.cf921c596668b55942976d1a02523cf0.png

Hi @HopelessArcader. Right-click Arcade (the one without the arrow) and choose Edit. Go into the Parents tab and make your changes in there. You have control on where you want to see your Arcade platform show up in your hierarchy.

The Arcade with the arrow, is your Arcade Category, where you can add different arcade platforms/playlists to it.

1 minute ago, faeran said:

Hi @HopelessArcader. Right-click Arcade (the one without the arrow) and choose Edit. Go into the Parents tab and make your changes in there. You have control on where you want to see your Arcade platform show up in your hierarchy.

The Arcade with the arrow, is your Arcade Category, where you can add different arcade platforms/playlists to it.

Hi @faeran that worked perfectly thanks for your help

• 9 months later...

The same thing is happening to me too.

Maybe im not fully understanding what's meant to happen, but if I make the Arcade Platform a child of the Arcade Category (the one with the arrow) shouldnt it disappear from the top level ?

When I do this it remains on the top level as well. For a test i've even made it a child of my console category and it will be put inside console but also remain on the top level.

Is this normal behaviour ?

Thanks

4 hours ago, CalmGamer said:

The same thing is happening to me too.

Maybe im not fully understanding what's meant to happen, but if I make the Arcade Platform a child of the Arcade Category (the one with the arrow) shouldnt it disappear from the top level ?

When I do this it remains on the top level as well. For a test i've even made it a child of my console category and it will be put inside console but also remain on the top level.

Is this normal behaviour ?

Thanks

You have to unselect the check mark on the Root level as well.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/3/2021 at 2:09 AM, faeran said:

Do not do this wrong it will crash your launchbox.(for me it was while downloading bezels)

If you unselect the root tickbox then select the Arcade tick box and click ok it will instantly crash Launchbox (latest version) and when you try to reopen it the loading bar will go to 30% saying loading interface then will close and it repeats infinitely.

How do I remove the tick I made and restore the original tick manually by editing files so I can launch launchbox again???????

Solved but with loss of time:
Get a previous saved parents file that isnt changed(or replace whole data folder with this backup) (that you know by date and time) and copy over current one in this folder C:\Users\stoog\LaunchBox\Data
C:\Users\stoog\LaunchBox\Backups\Automatic LaunchBox Startup Data Backup 2023-07-21 19-40-22.7z\Parents.xml

Edit: after readding 1 of the missing ones the rest re-scanned in so thats a plus

Edited by Stoogie