LaunchBox Community Forums

Extract Roms Bug

Kuro Houou

I just noticed a bug where the extract rom archives (.zip or 7z) option toggle will always show on, even when its technically off.  I have verified this in the xml files for the platforms that the setting is false... yet the gui still shows the toggle as on.  The xml file seems to be the accurate setting as when I run the game its not extracting the zip file which is good.  just a UI bug it seems.  I can go in and toggle it off, but as soon as I exit that settings area and re-enter it still shows it as on.

Edited by Kuro Houou

One last suggestion,  could we possibly get platform wide settings in the main options area?  Like if you want to set all platforms to a specific view, or set extract archives to "false" for all platforms.. Would be nice to just have these settings in the general options area so we can easily set it to all our platforms saving us time from going into each individual one :(

On 9/4/2021 at 7:19 AM, Kuro Houou said:

I just noticed a bug where the extract rom archives (.zip or 7z) option toggle will always show on, even when its technically off.  I have verified this in the xml files for the platforms that the setting is false... yet the gui still shows the toggle as on.  The xml file seems to be the accurate setting as when I run the game its not extracting the zip file which is good.  just a UI bug it seems.  I can go in and toggle it off, but as soon as I exit that settings area and re-enter it still shows it as on.

Thanks, I can replicate this, so I'll get it fixed.

On 9/4/2021 at 7:24 AM, Kuro Houou said:

One last suggestion,  could we possibly get platform wide settings in the main options area?  Like if you want to set all platforms to a specific view, or set extract archives to "false" for all platforms.. Would be nice to just have these settings in the general options area so we can easily set it to all our platforms saving us time from going into each individual one :(

Some of the settings are very platform or emulator-specific, so a lot of them don't make sense to set globally (such as the extract archives option). I can see that causing more issues than helping. But yes, changing the view everywhere would be very helpful. I'll add that to the list.