LaunchBox Community Forums

Crashing and slowness when browsing a platform

Kuro Houou

I have noticed on all my Nvidia Shields, once I load up a platform full of games and box art etc., performance has tanked to the point where I can't even scroll to the bottom before the scrolling grinds to a halt then the app crashes.. The odd thing, my biggest platform "Arcade" doesn't have this issue, but something like SNES does.  Just wondering if anyone else has seen similar performance issues or not?

Edited by Kuro Houou

One thing I have heard on this topic, is that if you're running everything from an SD card, make sure it's a high-quality and fast SD card. You will definitely run into issues like this if you're running everything off of a cheap/slow SD card.

Also, to help with performance, make sure you've used the option to "Download all missing media". Let me know if that helps.

• 4 weeks later...

I notice the same thing that OP has been (I have a TON of games). I was thinking of trying to move the launchbox folder from the external drive (where it defaulted to) and moving it to internal storage. External has my roms of course, but is an HDD, as to my adopted internal storage being an SSD. Will try tonight and see if it helps.