LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem downloading art

superdavit

I'm getting ridiculously slow speeds while downloading art.  I've got fast internet and the latest LB.  I started downloading art overnight, but when I woke up, only 500 out of 12,000 pieces of art were finished.  I restarted my system and tried again, but still super slow.  I'm also getting numerous "the remote server returned an error (404)" messages - see attached.  Anyone have suggestions how to fix this??

IMG_2032.heic

12 hours ago, superdavit said:

I'm getting ridiculously slow speeds while downloading art.  I've got fast internet and the latest LB.  I started downloading art overnight, but when I woke up, only 500 out of 12,000 pieces of art were finished.  I restarted my system and tried again, but still super slow.  I'm also getting numerous "the remote server returned an error (404)" messages - see attached.  Anyone have suggestions how to fix this??

IMG_2032.heic 3.8 MB · 4 downloads

Hi,

I am seeing the same, ridiculously slow speeds when downloading artwork. My fiber connection is good, which suggest that the problem may be with the LB gamesdb server.

2 minutes ago, sognen said:

Hi,

I am seeing the same, ridiculously slow speeds when downloading artwork. My fiber connection is good, which suggest that the problem may be with the LB gamesdb server.

Are you downloading images only from The GamesDB or from EmuMovies as well?

Also, be sure to uncheck the option for "Rough Matches" as that slows down the download tremendously depending on the volume of media.

20 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Are you downloading images only from The GamesDB or from EmuMovies as well?

Also, be sure to uncheck the option for "Rough Matches" as that slows down the download tremendously depending on the volume of media.

Both gamesdb and emumovies (free membership).

I reckon it takes  between 10-20 minutes to download a single image file.

Edited by sognen

7 minutes ago, sognen said:

Both gamesdb and emumovies (free membership).

I reckon it takes  between 10-20 minutes to download a single image file.

Test with just the GamesDB and uncheck the box that mentions Rough Matching and let us know if any changes download speed.

We know there is an issue with the current EmuMovies API that is causing some timeout issues. Team has been trying to find some good work around things until Emu can update the API.

37 minutes ago, sognen said:

With gamesdb only the download speed is back to normal.

Good. We have been recommending if using EMuMovies and downloading media for large amount of games do it in chunks and do it after you have imported the games. So import roms then go back and select a portion of them and download media in chunks from Emu. It is a slow work around, but not much we can do since it appears to be an API issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have encountered this problem. I cloned my Launchbox to a second pc and set one to get art from LaunchBox and the other to get videos from emuMovies intending to merge them later. The Launchbox download is very slow but the EmuMovies one just stalls after a bit and never moves on. I see you say it's a problem with EmuMovies but you should at least add a 30 second timeout to your API call then move onto the next file, maybe pushing that one to the end of the queue and marking it as failed.

I notice if I try to do one platform at a time it is a lot more successful, so it would seem better if LaunchBox similarly did one platform completely before moving onto the next, though I understand the caching queue would need to handle this.

Edited by BeemanDev