LaunchBox Community Forums

26 minutes ago, essjaygee said:

There doesn't seem to be any kind of guide for editing LB themes specifically (as opposed to BigBox themes). I found my way around with a lot of trial and error, and faeran has added a good amount of commenting  in the files for his Neptune theme on this thread, which helped me work out how to do some specific things.

One thing to remember around things like the platform is that the standard LB options are quite powerful around what is and isn't shown in the game details view. Platform is one of the things that can be switched on and off, along with a lot of the other fields. It's on the Visuals/Game Details section of the Options dialog.

Thanks for the tip about the author's thread.  Alas, that was one of the first things I tried to get rid of "Platform" but it's not even ticked by default in the game details options so it must be hard-coded in the XAML or something.

@faeran Here mate, sorry to bother you again. I'm just wondering, cos this theme for me is the best default LB theme, but I want to change a few things. Mainly the background colour/opacity and blur amount. Basically I want it to be less dark blue and more clear coloured so you can make out the fanart background colours better. I had the right colours in the old default theme so I basically just want it like that. Images below.

Everything else is perfect really, but help there would be appreciated, thanks.

bkcol.png

old.png

• 6 months later...

This is still my favorite theme and I just updated to v1.4 but one thing I prefer about the default theme(s) is that when I click on the video in the desktop version of Launcbox to have it go fullscreen, it picks up right where it left off in the LB browser but when I do the same with Neptune installed, it restarts the video from the beginning.  Is there a setting to make Neptune behave more like the default theme and have videos continue where they were when I double-click to fullscreen them?

On 12/17/2022 at 2:00 PM, JoJoJuJu59 said:

This is still my favorite theme and I just updated to v1.4 but one thing I prefer about the default theme(s) is that when I click on the video in the desktop version of Launcbox to have it go fullscreen, it picks up right where it left off in the LB browser but when I do the same with Neptune installed, it restarts the video from the beginning.  Is there a setting to make Neptune behave more like the default theme and have videos continue where they were when I double-click to fullscreen them?

I'm fairly certain Neptune doesn't do anything different than the default theme, as it just uses the same carousel control. I would check different themes to make sure Neptune is the only one that's doing this for you.

5 hours ago, faeran said:

I'm fairly certain Neptune doesn't do anything different than the default theme, as it just uses the same carousel control. I would check different themes to make sure Neptune is the only one that's doing this for you.

You are correct, sir.  I just tested it with even old LB default themes and it re-starts the video as soon as I double-click on it to make it fullscreen.  I'm thinking maybe it was an older version of LB that I was using (I'm currently on 12.11) that caused the video to pick up right where it left off once I double-clicked to fullscreen.  I wish I knew if there was a setting that allowed current builds of LB to do this.  Sometimes I see a part of a video in my LB that I want to see enlarged or fullscreen, and now the default behavior is to restart the entire video once in fullscreen.  I suppose I can ask in the general forums.  Thanks for your help.  Meanwhile, I'll continue to use your theme because it's my favorite by far, so thanks for that too  😃