LaunchBox Community Forums

3DO (CHD) games not working when opening from launchbox.

Visivopro

I have a number of 3DO CHD games I have imported. I have tested them all within retroarch and they all work fine. However when I attempt to load them from launchbox they refuse to open. I did a search on the forums and came up with a few similar issues but nothing solved my problem. Has anyone run into an issue like this? 

5 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Since you are using CHDs my first guess is you either have your platform named differently in the associated platforms section of you RA entry in LB or you have the incorrect core selected in that same window.

I have the platform named 3DO Interactive Multiplayer as selected when I imported the CHD files. It is set up to use retroarch however now that you mentioned it, I do not see the platform or the core that I’m using in retroarch displayed on the core list like it does with the other platforms. If this is the issue, how do I go about adding it? 

11 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Since you are using CHDs my first guess is you either have your platform named differently in the associated platforms section of you RA entry in LB or you have the incorrect core selected in that same window.

Never mind, I figured it out, I forgot to tell it which core I’m using. All sorted now but much appreciated for helping me find where I should be looking. 

• Like 1

Just scroll to the bottom and you should see an empty space. Double  click in the far left empty field and type in the name of the platform exactly the same as the platform name your games are imported under, then in the empty field next to that double click and a drop-down menu should appear,  select the core you are using.

It should work after.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Just scroll to the bottom and you should see an empty space. Double  click in the far left empty field and type in the name of the platform exactly the same as the platform name your games are imported under, then in the empty field next to that double click and a drop-down menu should appear,  select the core you are using.

It should work after.

Exactly what I forgot to do. Thanks again!