LaunchBox Community Forums

Export specific games/game types for use in pinball cabinet

wolpoffm

Good Morning!  I am nearing completion of my new V-Pin cabinet and I want to include LB/BB and some specific games and media.  A couple of questions...

is there a vertical orientation theme or setting for LB/BB as it will be displayed on a monitor that is acting as the pinball playfield, oriented with the normal right edge of the screen nearest your hands and the normal bottom of the screen on the left side.

What is the best method for selecting certain games and exporting them to another setup or do I need to  recreate and locate roms/media files individually?  I see export for Android, but will that work for this purpose?

Lastly, with the pinball having the side oriented main screen, it is setup great for vertical scrollers like 1942etc, but I also have a smaller, normally positioned screen on the back, is there a way to tell LB or BB which screen to use on an individual game basis?

Thanks for the help!

I do have a FauxVert theme available on the forums if you have a monitor that is physically rotated but is still set to Landscape in Windows. TrueVert is also available if you are running the monitor in portrait mode. JaysArcade has a few good vertical themes as well if you are running portrait mode in the OS.

LaunchBox is a portable app and uses relative paths when able, so as long as the relative paths remain the same moving to another PC should just be a matter of copy and pasting your LaunchBox folder from one PC to another (assuming the destination PC already has .NET/DirectX dependencies installed).

We don't tell emulators what screen to start on, we just launch the process. If the emulator has a way to do per game config (like RetroArch) or command line switch to tell the app what screen to start on you could utilize those tools. I believe we also have a user created plugin in the downloads section some where that lets you choose what screen to start the emulator on as well though I've not used it.

Got it.  Thanks, I will check out the faux vert theme as the monitor will be rotated but still in landscape.  

As for the transfer, I understand I could just copy everything over, I guess I was looking for a way to select certain games and have the associated media exported.  This will not be a system for everything to be on, just a selection of everything,  I may just have to copy the individual roms and re-download or locate and copy the associated media.

I will look into the emulator settings for the screen location, thanks!