LaunchBox Community Forums

ESC button refuses to close RPCS3 in LAUNCHBOX.

mikehiler2

I need to stress that this is for LAUNCHBOX not BIGBOX.

I've tried following the steps that Koroth answered to no avail. I have also set up the correct AHK, also to no avail. I KNOW that I am doing something wrong here obviously, yet ALL the steps listed in both links were followed to the letter with no joy.

To recap. I have the Exit Script set up in Launchbox > Manage Emulators > RPCS3 > Exit Scrip set to every last AHK on the forums (which is basically three).

I have the emulator itself set up RPCS3 > Settings > Emulator Settings > CHECKED box for Exit RPCS3 when process finishes (including the game specific Custom Configuration).

The games themselves work just fine, they just exit fullscreen and not the game itself.

I have even tried the

ESC::
 Send !{f4}

trick and nothing works.

I KNOW I'm missing something here.

Edited by mikehiler2

1 hour ago, mikehiler2 said:

To recap. I have the Exit Script set up in Launchbox > Manage Emulators > RPCS3 > Exit Scrip set to every last AHK on the forums (which is basically three).

The script needs to be in the "Running AutoHotKey Script" section.

1 hour ago, mikehiler2 said:

The games themselves work just fine, they just exit fullscreen and not the game itself.

Also check if your aren't running Rpcs3 with Admin rights.

1 hour ago, Koroth said:

The script needs to be in the "Running AutoHotKey Script" section.

Also check if your aren't running Rpcs3 with Admin rights.

Where on earth is "Running AutoHotKey Script" located? I looked everywhere.

Edit: I am not running on admin.

Screenshot 2021-10-08 184653.png

Is this what you're talking about? I've tried all of them and it still wont exit, just minimize the screen.

Edited by mikehiler2

2 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

screenshot_12.thumb.jpg.8c36bb79f6ded0aabec84cea04ef51a1.jpg

Thanks, but still nothing. I just tried it. Perhaps the spacing is wrong? Would you mind copy/paste that line and I would try again?

Edit: Well, I tried it again (this time in the correct screen), but now it's no longer fullscreen.

Edit2: It looks like it TRIES to go fullscreen, but then is kicked back to windowed. And yes, everything is set up to be fullscreen, it was fullscreen before the script.

Edit3: I feel like I need to correct myself. When starting a game in launchbox, it DOES seem to start in fullscreen but then ESC just minimizes the screen. It does nothing afterall.

Edited by mikehiler2

6 hours ago, mikehiler2 said:

Thanks, but still nothing. I just tried it. Perhaps the spacing is wrong? Would you mind copy/paste that line and I would try again?

In LaunchBox > Tools > Manage Emulators > Rpcs3 > Running Script:

$Esc::
{
WinClose, ahk_exe rpcs3.exe
}

785682754_Schermafbeelding2021-10-09072641.thumb.jpg.75f4e830f72f0b2f56554e5d775fde23.jpg

In Rpcs3 (also for all custom game configurations):

1968320618_Schermafbeelding2021-10-09071802.thumb.jpg.a83d6f6685b24803f671cefba02f1892.jpg

Right click rpcs3.exe > Properties > Compatibility. Make sure "Run as Administrator" is unticked.

Edited by Koroth
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Koroth said:

In LaunchBox > Tools > Manage Emulators > Rpcs3 > Running Script:

$Esc::
{
WinClose, ahk_exe rpcs3.exe
}

785682754_Schermafbeelding2021-10-09072641.thumb.jpg.75f4e830f72f0b2f56554e5d775fde23.jpg

In Rpcs3 (also for all custom game configurations):

1968320618_Schermafbeelding2021-10-09071802.thumb.jpg.a83d6f6685b24803f671cefba02f1892.jpg

Right click rpcs3.exe > Properties > Compatibility. Make sure "Run as Administrator" is unticked.

Thank you very much for replying and not letting this question go unanswered.

That first one did it! I was under the impression that the script needed to go into the "Exit Sript" tab. It makes sense if you think about it, and all the articles and questions with answers don't specify that it needs to go into "Running Script" and not "Exit Script."

I had everything else set up correctly this whole time, and even tried the script you just posted, but always in "Exit Script." I knew I was doing something wrong! Thanks!

• Game On 1