LaunchBox Community Forums

Is it possible to put a game into two separate platforms without importing twice?

Visivopro

I have a custom platform for my lightgun games, I’d like to take instances or copy’s of games from multiple platforms and add them to the gun games platform, is this possible. For example I have a few mame games a few model 3 games, teknoparrot and lots of others. I’d rather not have to reimport them if I don’t have to. So is it possible to do this? 

If you want to have the same game listed in 2 separate platforms, then importing twice would be the way to go as long as you make sure you check off "force import duplicate game".

However, based on what you seem to be trying to do, it would probably make more sense to have a Gun Games playlist that you assign all your gun games to, no matter which platform they were made for.

1 hour ago, faeran said:

If you want to have the same game listed in 2 separate platforms, then importing twice would be the way to go as long as you make sure you check off "force import duplicate game".

However, based on what you seem to be trying to do, it would probably make more sense to have a Gun Games playlist that you assign all your gun games to, no matter which platform they were made for.

But do playlists show up in the main platform wheel? They don’t right? I’d prefer them to be their own section. 

32 minutes ago, Visivopro said:

But do playlists show up in the main platform wheel? They don’t right? I’d prefer them to be their own section. 

Yup, you can make them show up in the main platform wheel by right clicking the Playlist, choose Edit. Then in the Details tab, check off "Include this Playlist with Platforms"

You can also click on the Parents tab and add them to any of your Platform Categories hierarchy as well.

3 minutes ago, faeran said:

Yup, you can make them show up in the main platform wheel by right clicking the Playlist, choose Edit. Then in the Details tab, check off "Include this Playlist with Platforms"

You can also click on the Parents tab and add them to any of your Platform Categories hierarchy as well.

Awesome! And I can add a clear logo to that playlist as well?

2 hours ago, Visivopro said:

Make sure to choose the Platform Category  view not Platform.

1 hour ago, Visivopro said:

Awesome! And I can add a clear logo to that playlist as well?

All images and theme video the same as a platform.