LaunchBox Community Forums

LB will not run in Windows 11

Knowcontrol

I copied over my LB folder from my Windows 10 drive to a freshly formatted/installed Windows 11 drive. LB will not run, I keep getting 

1552884143_Screenshot2021-10-17213454.thumb.png.f8be40cc8a1c1b635646841cf08617e3.png

I then tried a fresh installation of LB into the default user directory and I get the same error when trying to launch the LB.exe. Installing the .NET Core 3.1.0 does not help.

Edited by Knowcontrol

Run the LaunchBox installer over the directory so it can download and place dependencies and it should work. We have several users already on Windows 11 you have not had any issues getting LaunchBox or Big Box to run. That combined with the this particular error message makes it pretty clear this is a dependency issue on your machine.

If this error occurs after running the LaunchBox installer, restart your computer. If it still happens after that let us know and there a few more tricks we can try to get it to work for ya.