LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I link a new entry to retroachievements?

WraithTDK

41 minutes ago, WraithTDK said:

I just created an entry for The Real Ghostbusters Remastered. While this is a fairly new (and well received) ROM hack, it already has retroachievements. Is there a way to link the game with its achievements so that they're tracked properly in Launchbox?

A game needs to be named exactly the same way it is on the Retro Achievements website in order to be matched up. 

Yea, that makes sense. It sucks, because they decided to put "~Hack~" in front of their hack titles, but I get it.

Maybe on next year's list of improvements (I know we already voted on this year's priorities) there can be some way of either manually linking, or something that checks the "release type" box, and if it sees "ROM hack" searches RA for a title with ~Hack~ in front of it. If not, it's really not the end of the world. Retroarch is still going to track them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WraithTDK said:

Yea, that makes sense. It sucks, because they decided to put "~Hack~" in front of their hack titles, but I get it.

Maybe on next year's list of improvements (I know we already voted on this year's priorities) there can be some way of either manually linking, or something that checks the "release type" box, and if it sees "ROM hack" searches RA for a title with ~Hack~ in front of it. If not, it's really not the end of the world. Retroarch is still going to track them.

Could add a "Alternate name" to the database entry that matches what it is called on Retro Achievements. Would that work @C-Beats or does it need to be the primary name?

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

OK, shame then, as that could be a handy feature.

Yeah. Been kinda putting off changing that code until RetroAchievements gets an endpoint added to their API that allows you to search for a game by the ROMs file hash (same check they already do within RetroArch). That alone would solve most of our problems.

• Thanks 1