LaunchBox Community Forums

Adding RAM to MAME command line

Gumdoc

Hi all,

I have a bunch of GS images that don't have an OS attached so I need to run them from the GS desktop with the second image added to the GS/OS image on boot. Some are really sluggish when I fire them up. Where would I put the -ramsize -8M command? My current command line is: apple2gs -sl7 cffa2 -noautosave -gameio joy -ramsize 8M -keyboardprovider dinput -hard2 "E:\eXoDOS_Lite\Games\AppleIIGSHD\GSGAMES.po" -hard1, is this the correct place for it, or does it not really matter what order things are in?

Thanks.

Doesn’t matter where it is located as long as after the apple2gs. RAM for most part won’t speed anything up for purpose of IIGS. Use the INSERT key to toggle fast forward to speed boot up.

Link  Insert    Fast forward. While held, runs game with throttling disabled and with the maximum frameskip. (Windows non-SDL MAME only)