LaunchBox Community Forums

Name bout auto launching game

ninochar

Hello 

New to Launchbox finally got Mame to work after endless downloads. I have new version with new .237 with corresponding .237 Romset.  Merged files. Now I can launch in name with no issue. However when I launch from big box or Launchbox it stays on the the mame menu and I would need to press enter on the keyboard then it would launch the game in the mame menu itself does this make sense it's the only emulator thats doing this thanks for any help provided

Hi @ninochar. Are you seeing the MAME menu or the MAME disclaimer? A screenshot could clarify this.

If it's the disclaimer then that is built into MAME. My understanding is that the only way to remove it is to use an unofficial version where it was removed, or remove it yourself and compile your own version.

We do have @MadK9 who graciously posts the no-nag version of MAME in the downloads section. Most recent one can be found here: 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 5:11 PM, ninochar said:

Not the disclaimer 

Its actually the mame menu screen where it shows the options and games 

now from there I can launch the game however its not like the other emulators like retroarch where the game loads on its own

Check your MAME emulator setup.  Should look something like this for arcade games:

Capture.thumb.PNG.db9a5ed42594bddf6f47e7997a692f7a.PNG

Sounds like MAME is getting launched but the ROM/game isn't getting passed.  Did you use Tools, Import, MAME Full Arcade Set to import your roms into LB?

Edited by sundogak

OMG Thank you that new version of mame worked like a charm.  i went into the settings and took out all the disclamers and used the setting you have on the screen shot i had the unzip roms checked so i think that could have been why it wasnt loading

appreciate the help on this 

2 hours ago, ninochar said:

OMG Thank you that new version of mame worked like a charm.  i went into the settings and took out all the disclamers and used the setting you have on the screen shot i had the unzip roms checked so i think that could have been why it wasnt loading

appreciate the help on this 

Glad you got working.  Yeah, the unzipping is what was tripping MAME up.  MAME expects things to be in archive format at least for arcade ROM sets.

Edited by sundogak