LaunchBox Community Forums

Feature Request: Hiscore Friend support or profile focus

Mock

I love that launchbox supports hiscore. And did a project myself for many years ago to update a website with score to compete with friends at work.

one thing i miss, is when a game has many entries on a hi score, it would be great that launchbox could focus your name for which ranking you have instead of the need of scrolling to find you name on an all time score. also it would be great so add users to follow to have some sort of custom score list for those you compete against.

one last part is that a wizard for setting up hiscore could help more to join. something that could verify if the mame i correct and if its able to find the hi folder. just some basic to help beginners. 

On 10/30/2021 at 4:28 PM, Mock said:

I love that launchbox supports hiscore. And did a project myself for many years ago to update a website with score to compete with friends at work.

one thing i miss, is when a game has many entries on a hi score, it would be great that launchbox could focus your name for which ranking you have instead of the need of scrolling to find you name on an all time score. also it would be great so add users to follow to have some sort of custom score list for those you compete against.

one last part is that a wizard for setting up hiscore could help more to join. something that could verify if the mame i correct and if its able to find the hi folder. just some basic to help beginners. 

This is a great idea though! An extra 'tab' on the High Score board for "Friends" that just shows you and the usernames that you add in to LB (basically it would just filter the boards for your chosen usernames i.e. friends). That would be a very basic 'quick fix' implementation.

Alternatively, if you wanted to go the full monty then it would be a "friend request" system with people accepting your friend request and having a management list of 'friends' etc.... I think even the first implementation would be a great addition.

@Mock if you do request it as a feature please post the link in here and then I can vote on it please. 🙂