LaunchBox Community Forums

RocketLauncher Removal

Aevans0001

Ok, so i am exploring the possibility of removing my RocketLauncher install, and I have a couple of questions.

1.  Should I remove it, if it is currently working:  basically it usually works 100%, but sometimes after an emulator update it breaks and you have to find the new ahk file hidden in their forums.

2.  I currently like the following features of Rocketlauncher

A.  Ultimarc U360 Controller changing - Rocketlauncher automatically switches between 4 way, 8 way, 2 way, Qbert way, etc.  Can Launchbox do this?  If so how, I checked the options menu

B.  Fades - I know that Launchbox has these but can they look as good as rocketlauncher and just simply put a picture up?

C.  Bezel - I am currently using Bezel Project.  I do not use Retroarch at this time for many of my emulators.  Is there a way to make it work the same?

D.  Pause menu - Again I know Launchbox has this, again is it equivalent

E. Instruction Cards 

Obviously the first 3 are the most important.  But the ultimate one is A the ultimarc U360 Maps

I did this exact thing last year, i ended up keeping rocketlauncher as part of my setup but in a way it was removed. First off your likely going to lose bezel support if you don't have plans to install retroarch, this is the only reason rocketlauncher remains in my setup for a few emus i dont use RA for (ps2, few others). They will look the same tho yes, likely even better using RA shaders. I let RL go for everything else and didnt look back. i use retroarch because in my opinion its way better, bezels look great with it, list goes on and on. You can even have custom themes and fonts per system with RA, its VERY customizable. Pretty sure LB can do the rest of those things although i could be mistaken.

Edited by KingSlayer937

38 minutes ago, Aevans0001 said:

A.  Ultimarc U360 Controller changing - Rocketlauncher automatically switches between 4 way, 8 way, 2 way, Qbert way, etc.  Can Launchbox do this?  If so how, I checked the options menu

LEDBlinky with LB can do this. (I don't know if RL explicity calls LEDBlinky or if it just follows a configured LEDBLinkeyControls.xml, so could be some more work)

40 minutes ago, Aevans0001 said:

B.  Fades - I know that Launchbox has these but can they look as good as rocketlauncher and just simply put a picture up?

I believe RL's fades can do more at this point, so depends on your requirements.

42 minutes ago, Aevans0001 said:

C.  Bezel - I am currently using Bezel Project.  I do not use Retroarch at this time for many of my emulators.  Is there a way to make it work the same?

Reshade is also available for adding bezels, but if you do game bezels for each game for large collections, I'm sure RL is easier.

43 minutes ago, Aevans0001 said:

Obviously the first 3 are the most important.  But the ultimate one is A the ultimarc U360 Maps

Again LEDBlinky with LB can do this. (You can also run additional apps before emulation so you can setup what ever you need)