LaunchBox Community Forums

Hiscores not recording... can someone confirm I need mame64 for this?

Johnny T

Hi all,

After a blistering effort on Fighting Hawk (Mame) at the weekend (148,000) I noticed that my high score hadn't recorded on the Weekly / Monthly / Global high score table.

I've just been Googling it to try and find the issue and someone posted on Reddit that you needed to be using mame64.exe for high scores to work?

I'm only using mame.exe as I found that when I download the latest version of mame there isn't a "mame64.exe" that comes with it??

The last update I have to mame64.exe was 26th Jan 2021.ย 

Is this correct? Or am I missing something here? Is there a way of downloading the latest mame64.exe? Or am I just supposed to rename mame to mame64 to get the high scores to work in Big Box? Or am I completely on the wrong tracks here??

Any help greatly appreciated... it won't get my Fighting Hawk high score back but it will help for next time ๐Ÿ™‚

3 hours ago, Johnny T said:

Hi all,

After a blistering effort on Fighting Hawk (Mame) at the weekend (148,000) I noticed that my high score hadn't recorded on the Weekly / Monthly / Global high score table.

I've just been Googling it to try and find the issue and someone posted on Reddit that you needed to be using mame64.exe for high scores to work?

I'm only using mame.exe as I found that when I download the latest version of mame there isn't a "mame64.exe" that comes with it??

The last update I have to mame64.exe was 26th Jan 2021.ย 

Is this correct? Or am I missing something here? Is there a way of downloading the latest mame64.exe? Or am I just supposed to rename mame to mame64 to get the high scores to work in Big Box? Or am I completely on the wrong tracks here??

Any help greatly appreciated... it won't get my Fighting Hawk high score back but it will help for next time ๐Ÿ™‚

You need the official MAME from the mamedev website, no forks are supported. MAME now only supports 64bit systems, hence the 64 being dropped from the .exe, its always 64bit now, so no need to distinguish between 32bit and 64bit. The mame.exe from the current MAME's works just fine still.

image.thumb.png.0b1b0eb19ba8a128def91085aa887d24.png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You need the official MAME from the mamedev website, no forks are supported. MAME now only supports 64bit systems, hence the 64 being dropped from the .exe, its always 64bit now, so no need to distinguish between 32bit and 64bit. The mame.exe from the current MAME's works just fine still.

ย 

Forks are supported and work, tried Arcade64 and works for High Scores tracking in LB.

You need just to rename the exe as mame.exe, LB will think is MAME genuineย  :)

ย 

GREETs

6 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

ย 

Hi Neil

Thanks for the info. I am using the official mame from the mamedev website. I tend to update most months so I'm using the 0.237 version.ย 

I've got my LB "connected" to the cloud.

And I've got Mame integration chosen in my options.

Anything else I'm missing??

It used to work (my old 126,000 score is still there for Fighting Hawk) but has stopped working recently.

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

This may well be the problem. I'm on 0.236 still so it works fine here.

Yep, that must be it!!

Well spotted Neil ๐Ÿ™‚

I just went in to my MAME emulator folder and saw a new "hiscore" folder...

image.png.072328157407c37af046f0143fd4aeb0.png

ย 

And sure enough... within there is my Fighting Hawk high score from the weekend.....

image.png.2973387fbad18f5f1a33e02f806592c4.png

So, Big Box must still be looking in the "hi" folder I'm guessing?

Is this something I can fix at the MAME end in the config or is it just a case of wait for a fix from the Big Box end?

Thanks for your great help ๐Ÿ™‚

7 minutes ago, Johnny T said:

Yep, that must be it!!

Well spotted Neil ๐Ÿ™‚

I just went in to my MAME emulator folder and saw a new "hiscore" folder...

image.png.072328157407c37af046f0143fd4aeb0.png

ย 

And sure enough... within there is my Fighting Hawk high score from the weekend.....

image.png.2973387fbad18f5f1a33e02f806592c4.png

So, Big Box must still be looking in the "hi" folder I'm guessing?

Is this something I can fix at the MAME end in the config or is it just a case of wait for a fix from the Big Box end?

Thanks for your great help ๐Ÿ™‚

This should hopefully all be corrected for the next beta release. Yeah they have moved the file, so it's no longer in the location we are looking for it, hence we don't display any scores, as we simply don't see any. Devs are aware though so it will be fixed, hopefully sooner, rather than later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1