LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Failing To Launch (Requires Installation Everytime To Just Get It Working)

SWEATYDRACO

Hi I spent hours compiling my Launchbox installation. I closed it, it doesn't open. Show's on task manager for just 1 sec then closes automatically.

If I reinstall the program it opens with no issues.

I really need the help of my community here.

Ignore my last post I was high on cocaine. Sorry if I offended anyone with my childishness.

seany (some random Reddit guy)

Is there a virus scanner installed? -seany (some random Reddit guy)

> My answer was no. I also turned off Firewall & Windows Defender still not working.

Edited by SWEATYDRACO

11 hours ago, SWEATYDRACO said:

Hi I spent hours compiling my Launchbox installation. I closed it, it doesn't open. Show's on task manager for just 1 sec then closes automatically.

If I reinstall the program it opens with no issues.

I really need the help of my community here.

Ignore my last post I was high on cocaine. Sorry if I offended anyone with my childishness.

what do you mean exactly when you say you spent hours compiling launchbox? it comes precompiled? Maybe the cocaine is working against you here, if you want my opinion it sounds like your AV is eating a needed dll on launch.

What a great community member lol. I don't even have AntiVirus. Everything is disabled. Sorry whatever or whoever hurt you man seems like you're going through alot...

I'm literally Windows educated 10+ years I don't need you to insult my intelligence because of what I did on my personal time.

Can we please get someone here who knows what they're talking about?

Edited by SWEATYDRACO
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SWEATYDRACO said:

What a great community member lol. I don't even have AntiVirus. Everything is disabled. Sorry whatever or whoever hurt you man seems like you're going through alot...

I'm literally Windows educated 10+ years I don't need you to insult my intelligence because of what I did on my personal time.

Can we please get someone here who knows what they're talking about?

I mean your on here talking about using cocaine, going back and forth. You claiming to be windows 10 educated is laughable, win10 comes with AV and you dont even know the abr for it. Im not gonna feed into this, 9 times out of 10 is AV or MSI afterburner stopping lb from opening, youve been told that twice now. But again i dont know what im talking about smh.

Edited by KingSlayer937

I am going to cut all the unnecessary banter from this point on. Please refrain from unnecessary comments in posts and let's just stick to the issue.

Let's start from the beginning. I am not even going to go to reddit as I avoid that site as much as possible. So you are going to have to provide some information for me.

You say LB fails to launch and requires installation every time. What exactly happens? If LB fails to launch it fails to launch. It will tell you if you are missing framework needed.

so are you getting any errors or it just does not load?

You say you do not have antivirus but Windows Defender is in Win 10 and is known to block LaunchBox and BigBox dll files. Can you confirm you have checked defenders history and it did in fact not quarantine any LB files?

8 minutes ago, SWEATYDRACO said:

There is no errors it just does not load. I see the process pop up in Task Manager and it says "Suspended" and closes please halp

Look man, idk why your so butt hurt over my comment i was trying to help you. If you truly didnt have your AV quarantine it, and its just exitting on launch there must be a error log. You need to check event viewer and see if something causing issues. You sure you installed the .net dependency? Ive only had one program conflict with lb boot and it was msi afterburner, but a few updates later it was fixed.

Edited by KingSlayer937

5 minutes ago, KingSlayer937 said:

Look man, idk why your so butt hurt over my comment i was trying to help you.

We appreciate all forum members helping out, but I am going to ask to refrain from unnecessary comments like this. I mentioned earlier it needed to stop. Just trying to keep this from spiraling.

2 minutes ago, SWEATYDRACO said:

It's not neither are running. 

However I installed Launchbox to my R:\ drive could that be why?

I do not see why it would. I have several builds on different drives with no issue. Is that R drive an external drive?

If you install to another drive does the issue still occur? If you can test please install a clean version and do not copy over anything from the install on the R drive.

2 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

We appreciate all forum members helping out, but I am going to ask to refrain from unnecessary comments like this. I mentioned earlier it needed to stop. Just trying to keep this from spiraling.

you mentioned nothing, i dont like you at all and alot of other prolly share that feeling. IDC  one bit what you want me to do i take no orders from people that act the way you do. Ill do as i please thank you, ban me, dont, idc either way as my front end is finished up pretty much. Funny how you say something to me because i know you dont like me, but said nothing to this dork about using drugs and all that, your a asshole hypicrit. so let that resonate as you remove me from the forum.

WOW.

Here's the fix:

i INSTALLED a clean FRESH Launchbox to it's default directory (keep in mind my main install is on R:\ drive)

When opening from the new launch it produced a crash. Didn't get the code.

I uninstalled Launchbox from the clean install. Ran CCleaner registry mode a few times, then bam my REAL INSTALL starts opening like normal.

POTENTIALLY I could have had 2 installs the entire time that could've been the issue.

Edited by SWEATYDRACO
  • Like 1