LaunchBox Community Forums

Extra games showing up but not in Rom folder

pressureworld

12 minutes ago, pressureworld said:

I have about 400 games in my ROM folder, but 2800 games showing up when setting up Launchbox. I'm trying to find the original location to delete the extras, but don't see them anywhere on my computer. Any ideas where I should look?

What platform?

If this is Mame did you import your roms using the Full Set Mame import option? If so that is why. You only use that option if you actually are using a full Mame rom set. If importing a curated Mame collection you just use the file or scan options.

On 11/18/2021 at 11:34 AM, pressureworld said:

I did import my roms using the full set Mame option. I now understand it's better to use file or scan options, but the roms support various platforms.  I'm getting games I want mixed in with games I don't. 

Hi @pressureworld. You'll want to delete all the games you imported using the MAME fullset importer and then re-import them using the Import > ROM files tool.

You may also want to clean up your images folder (if you downloaded images), since you would have lots of them for games you don't actually have ( Located in LaunchBox\Images\[platform name]\ )