LaunchBox Community Forums

Just bought premium, how do I get Videos/Music/Manuals to work?

Nebarik

Been using the free Launchbox for a little while now. Got it all setup with all my logins and game images and metadata all good. But all the options regarding videos and music etc are locked behind the premium and it enticed me so I delved in and got it. 

Literally hours later I can't work this out at all. Including reading the main site, lots of googling and reading the forums and youtube tutorials. Nothing seems to make sense or work. Or maybe all the guides and forum posts I found are out of date. 

Closest I can find is 'Tools > Download > Update media', I tick the boxes for big box cinematrix videos and music but that doesnt actually do anything. It scans the games and then says "will now download the media", it never does. I've restarted, I've checked in bigbox and all the settings, I've gone through the launchbox folders in Windows for the files, nothing is there. I have ticked all the boxes saying "play videos" and "play music" that I can find. 

Anyway long story short. How do I actually use the features I just paid money for. How do I get it to download the manuals, game videos and or music?

1 hour ago, Nebarik said:

Been using the free Launchbox for a little while now. Got it all setup with all my logins and game images and metadata all good. But all the options regarding videos and music etc are locked behind the premium and it enticed me so I delved in and got it. 

Literally hours later I can't work this out at all. Including reading the main site, lots of googling and reading the forums and youtube tutorials. Nothing seems to make sense or work. Or maybe all the guides and forum posts I found are out of date. 

Closest I can find is 'Tools > Download > Update media', I tick the boxes for big box cinematrix videos and music but that doesnt actually do anything. It scans the games and then says "will now download the media", it never does. I've restarted, I've checked in bigbox and all the settings, I've gone through the launchbox folders in Windows for the files, nothing is there. I have ticked all the boxes saying "play videos" and "play music" that I can find. 

Anyway long story short. How do I actually use the features I just paid money for. How do I get it to download the manuals, game videos and or music?

Videos, manuals and music are not provided by the Launchbox database. Upgrading to premium will allow you to play them, but you still need those files first. They come from emumovies, and that requires it's own premium subscription in order for Launchbox to be able to download videos, manuals and music from their service.

No where on the launchbox does it say I need to pay for a completely different company. Infact it suggests getting launchbox premium is all i need to get it to look like the demo video. 

I'm gonna go back to using Batocera. Where all this is included for free. 

Fucking scam software

Just now, neil9000 said:

Correct

So you agree. It's false advertising. 

Everywhere throughout the app when you try to get videos and music it says I need to buy launchbox premium. If it also said "you also need to pay for a subscription to emumovies for $x amount.", I'd atleast understand what I'm getting into. But it doesnt, it just says launchbox premium is needed, it's only after buying it and having to ask on the forums how to use it that we find out we need to pay even more money. that's what makes it a scam. 

I just did some looking into the company, Looks US based which makes sense. They would get destroyed in a real country with consumer protections. 

I've asked for a refund.