LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box: Gamepad stops working after sleep mode or turning it off and then on.

JuRaSSiCBoY

Hi, I just realized that Big Box loses the gamepad functionality if I turn it off and then on or after entering sleep mode and then wake it up.
Gamepad works as it should inside emulators and I don't remember failing like this in Big Box before.

Anyone having the same problem?

I've used the keyboard to see if its possible to map the gamepad buttons when this happens and the only button that worked is the "start" button, but maps it as something like "unknown". The rest of the buttons are like if they were not pressed.

Thank you in advance!

• 1 month later...

Well... After some checking seems like is not a gamepad problem. Big Box is losing focus when I turned gamepad off and then on.

Simply pressing alt+tab and selecting the BigBox window to bring focus back, the gamepad works as expected.

I'm using Steam to launch BigBox as non-Steam application (just like ETA-Prime video on Youtube) so I think Steam gets the focus in background when reconfiguring the gamepad in some way (keyboard is not losing focus, only the gamepad).

Edited by JuRaSSiCBoY

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, lajaro said:

I just posted about something which I think might be a similar (if not the same) issue: 

Thank you @lajaro, problem solved on my side and I still don't now why... maybe an update (Steam? Launchbox/Bigbox? Windows10? all at once?) solved the issue. Before it started working I installed the Steam Beta client, problem disappeared but then another problem with the BigBox brightness showed up. After downgrade to the Steam official client both problems disappeared.

Good luck!!!