LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade Machines which Mame doesnt cover?

vaderag

I'm rebuilding my arcade machine as, well, frankly I got away from it's key purpose of playing arcade games...  as part of this I'm stripping things right back and only putting true arcade games on there (plus Pinball)

This is starting with Mame and that's relatively clear, but I recall some arcade systems don't work or aren't covered by Mame. I know this is the case with the Sega Model 3 (possibly 2?) but I also recall back in the day there being other machines which either don't work or aren't part of the Mame set

Can anyone give me a bit of clarity on what these are?

Thanks!

22 hours ago, vaderag said:

Thanks! Never heard of RetroParrot so will have to look into that!

It's TeknoParrot and it's far from Retro :D.
Well worth it if you want to play some decent new arcade games.
All BlazBlue series, Guilty Gear Strive, Street Fighter V, Tekken 7 are running on it.
Miku Diva or new Taiko no Tatsujin are on it as well ;].
All will work fine as long as you'll have some Nvidia card in your build.

31 minutes ago, MikeGold said:

It's TeknoParrot and it's far from Retro :D.
Well worth it if you want to play some decent new arcade games.
All BlazBlue series, Guilty Gear Strive, Street Fighter V, Tekken 7 are running on it.
Miku Diva or new Taiko no Tatsujin are on it as well ;].
All will work fine as long as you'll have some Nvidia card in your build.

Thanks, will look into it tho seems more difficult to find the software

My machine isn't top notch tho. I do have an Nvidia graphics card but it's pretty old!

40 minutes ago, vaderag said:

My machine isn't top notch tho. I do have an Nvidia graphics card but it's pretty old!

I shouldn't provide the links in here, but if you enter "Teknoparrot fr" in Google, first result will get you to the certain French page with big "ATTENTION!" on the start. That's where you'll get all the titles.
It's worth testing in my opinion.

• Game On 1

1 hour ago, vaderag said:

Its not too hard to find. But the games can be a pain to set up. Thankfully TeknoParrot has come a long way and many games no longer need things like other loaders to be used along with TeknoParrot.

Check out a site called Emuline.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Its not too hard to find. But the games can be a pain to set up. Thankfully TeknoParrot has come a long way and many games no longer need things like other loaders to be used along with TeknoParrot.

Check out a site called Emuline.

It was an absolute pain to set up Nesica and Taito Type X games before Teknoparrot. Now it's only a matter of getting the right game dump (French page) and setting up controls. It just works. Also setting up Teknoparrot in Launchbox is a breeze. Emuline is very helpful if you want to do random stuff with your games like modding, translating etc. They helped me fixing BlazBlue Centralfiction which was crashing on two players mode after removing all the offline warnings. Also thanks to them I found the "French page" :D.

• Like 1