LaunchBox Community Forums

PCSX2 launch game problem

atalec

Hi everybody,

I have a problem and I can't to solve it, please help me !!!

I follow a tuto on youtube to configure PCSX2 on my launchbox, and when I want to launch a game it doesn't I have this error.

pcsx2.thumb.png.7288aa03858514f4f17f62d7371162a2.png

All My games are in ISO format, and I try to change the config of CDVD plugin but I can't disable it.

No problem to directly launch from PCSX2

Thanks a lot for your help

If just running ISO on your hard drive (and not via an actual CD player) then your setup should be something like this in LB:

image.thumb.png.2ea9854bbec737020825701fc5962a42.png

The error in your screen snap indicates that for some reason the emulator isn't getting the name/path of the ISO file.  

Double check you are not trying to launch a separate configuration file or have a conflict (typically stored in \PCSX2\inis). If you have a non-standard setup then may need to indicate in LB in the Default Command Line Parameters where your ini files are located:

• --cfgpath="Path": Specifies the configuration files path to use instead of inis.
  • --cfg="CFGFile": Specifies the configuration file to use instead of PCSX2.ini (does not affect plugins).
  • See here for more info

Normally, you do not have to set these if running a standard PCSX2 setup so wouldn't add them if you haven't done any custom paths. 

Lastly, the "release" version (1.6) lags quite a bit behind, so might check what version of you have.  Nightly versions  (+1.7) are here.  Just make sure you make a backup if using 1.6 and going to 1.7 since difference in plugins/etc.  There also shouldn't be anything to change in the CDVD plugin.  

Edited by sundogak