LaunchBox Community Forums

Background Help

Jwach26

I'm working on a triple-monitor theme. I'm running into a roadblock with the background presenter. I have a main canvas that is subdivided into 3 canvases (one for each screen). Only one background will display. I assume it has to do with attempting to bind the Background selector and view multiple times. Any advice would be appreciated.

<Grid Grid.Column="0">
                <Canvas Name="Screen0">
                    <transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding BackgroundTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BackgroundView}" Height="{Binding ElementName=Screen0, Path=ActualHeight}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Screen0, Path=ActualWidth}" IsContentVideo="true" />
                    <Grid Height="{Binding ElementName=Screen0, Path=ActualHeight}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Screen0, Path=ActualWidth}">
                        <Grid.Background>
                            <SolidColorBrush Color="Black" Opacity="{Binding BackgroundFade}" />
                        </Grid.Background>
                        <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                            <ColumnDefinition Width="30*" />
                            <ColumnDefinition Width="10*" />
                            <ColumnDefinition Width="50*" />
                            <ColumnDefinition Width="10*" />
                        </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                        <coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="0" CoverFactory="{Binding CoverFactory}" ImageType="Clear Logos"
                            CurveAmount="4.5" CameraZPosition="3.0" VisibleCount="14" PageSize="6" Spacing="1.0" ItemZPosition="1.0" SelectedItemZPosition="2.0" />
                        <Grid Grid.Column="2">
                            <Grid.RowDefinitions>
                                <RowDefinition Height="10*" />
                                <RowDefinition Height="50*" />
                            </Grid.RowDefinitions>
                            <transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Row="1" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageView}" />
                        </Grid>
                    </Grid>
                </Canvas>
            </Grid>
            <Grid Grid.Column="1">
                <Canvas Name="Screen1">
                    <transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding BackgroundTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BackgroundView}" Height="{Binding ElementName=Screen1, Path=ActualHeight}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Screen1, Path=ActualWidth}" IsContentVideo="true" />
                    <Grid Height="{Binding ElementName=Screen1, Path=ActualHeight}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Screen1, Path=ActualWidth}">
                        <Grid.Background>
                        </Grid.Background>
                        <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                            <ColumnDefinition Width="20*" />
                            <ColumnDefinition Width="80*" />
                        <Grid Grid.Column="1">
                            <Grid.RowDefinitions>
                            </Grid.RowDefinitions>
                            <transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Row="1"  TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageVideoView}" IsContentVideo="true" />
                        </Grid>
                    </Grid>
                </Canvas>
            </Grid>
            <Grid Grid.Column="2">
                <Canvas Name="Screen2">
                    <transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding BackgroundTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BackgroundView}" Height="{Binding ElementName=Screen2, Path=ActualHeight}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Screen2, Path=ActualWidth}" IsContentVideo="true" />
                    <Grid Height="{Binding ElementName=Screen2, Path=ActualHeight}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Screen2, Path=ActualWidth}">
                        <Grid.Background>
                        </Grid.Background>
                        <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                            <ColumnDefinition Width="80*" />
                        <Grid Grid.Column="1">
                            <Grid.RowDefinitions>
                            </Grid.RowDefinitions>
                            <transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Row="1" TransitionSelector="{Binding GameDetailsTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding GameDetailsView}" />
                        </Grid>
                    </Grid>
                </Canvas>
            </Grid>

This isn't a problem with multiple monitors. In a surround setup the application only "sees" a single 48:9 display. Like I said everything works great except for the background presenter. I assume this won't actually be solvable directly in the XAML. I'll probably have to write a plugin to handle this directly but I was hoping to avoid that. 

The things you're using are all properties so I'm not sure why you'd be having the issue. First step would be to vet the Grid column definitions and make sure they are correct (They aren't shown in your code so unsure what you have them set up as right now). If those are correct you could try to use a ContentPresenter and bind Content to the BackgroundView instead of using a TransitionPresenter and see if that does or does not show what you are wanting. Can help narrow down the cause because I don't see anything immediately wrong in your XAML file.

8 minutes ago, Jwach26 said:

Nope. That straight up broke it lol. The wheel displays and that's it. VS giving me "XDG0036    The "Key" attribute can only be used on an element that is contained in "IDictionary"

Oops, copy/paste error on my part. Can you remove the "x:Key" property from the FlowImages in your view. Should resolve that error for you

Just trying to catch up with this thread, and not sure if it's been mentioned, but could you just use the BackgroundImagePath binding?

<Image Source="{Binding Path=ActivePlatform.BackgroundImagePath}" />

You can find a ton of Image bindings in the Documentation.pdf file inside of the LaunchBox\Themes folder.

13 minutes ago, Jwach26 said:

Nope. It still doesn't like that. The second I add that it hangs. Almost like it's stuck trying to fetch an image. I can't even ESC out and have to kill it with Task Manager.

Hmm weird. I set mine up with two monitor and it worked as expected. When I get time I'll try again and make sure I didn't flub anything more up converting it back to 3 monitor (I only have two)

Now I feel dumb. Simplest answer is the best.

<Canvas.Background>
                        <ImageBrush ImageSource="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.BackgroundImagePath}" Stretch="Fill"/>
                    </Canvas.Background>

Thanks for the help guys.

LaunchBox Big Box 1_26_2022 11_16_28 AM.png

Edited by Jwach26