LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Exit Combo not closing out Teknoparrot

ejay81

Hi All,

I can't get my combo button on my gamepad to shutdown teknoparrot.  It works on all other emulators including sega model 2 and 3.   I have the following put in the the "Running Script" section of the Teknoparrot emulator settings of Launchbox:

$Esc::
{
    WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

This works for my other systems as stated, so wondering if anyone can shed some light.  I swear it was working at one point, but maybe i got confused with another game.  I'm finally down building and testing my setup and this is the last hurddle.

Thanks in advance!

Yes I was, and unchecking that fixed the issue!  Now that created a new issue though... My teknoparrot games no longer run full screen now and controls aren't working.  Its acting as if LB isn't giving Teknoparrot main control now,, ,likely not the case but thats the perceived behavior.

Any idea why unchecking "run as admin" would cause games not to launch full screen and prevent input in teknoparrot?

Wait now I can't run Mario Kart DX in teknoparrot as it states it needs to be ran as administrator (Teknoparrot), i guess i forgot but that's probably why i checked the box to begin with.

So whats the solution here?  I really appreciate the feedback and help!

3 hours ago, ejay81 said:

Wait now I can't run Mario Kart DX in teknoparrot as it states it needs to be ran as administrator (Teknoparrot), i guess i forgot but that's probably why i checked the box to begin with.

So whats the solution here?  I really appreciate the feedback and help!

I run Mario Kart DX just fine without admin. I would make sure you have a newer dump of the game. I know I updated this game late last year and even though it states to run as admin it works fine without it. I believe there is a way to remove that warning. Even with translation patch it runs fine.

3 hours ago, ejay81 said:

Yes I was, and unchecking that fixed the issue!  Now that created a new issue though... My teknoparrot games no longer run full screen now and controls aren't working.  Its acting as if LB isn't giving Teknoparrot main control now,, ,likely not the case but thats the perceived behavior.

Any idea why unchecking "run as admin" would cause games not to launch full screen and prevent input in teknoparrot?

Not sure. I have never run TP as admin and all my games run full screen using the settings options in TeknoParrot UI. Are you fully updated with TeknoParrot?

No game needs admin rights in TP. Devs add it to some games because of network emulation but I tested that too and doesn't need admin rights. Dunno why they are keeping that option enabled.

Anyway, you can remove the warnings msg if you want. Just edit the xml profile file ( not the general one but the user one ) and change the line from admin true to admin false ( more or less, don't remember correctly how it's named ).

CHEERs

Edited by nohero
Blah, blah, blah!!!

ok i added  <RequiresAdmin>false</RequiresAdmin> to the mainparrotdata.xml file and its working without the warning now.

Note to other you need to add this, its not there by default

**Update** Scratch that it didn't like me adding that line to the xml file.  Second time i tested it it had to create a new .xml file and is back to prompting me with the admin message.  I can't easily move past that with a controller.

Edited by ejay81

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

In your screenshot you have not checked the CustomResolution checkbox. So Mariokart DX still runs in it's original resolution.

Sorry, I had removed it to test, but even checking the custom resolution the situation does not change !

...now...

image.thumb.png.cbd397dc209022fdb979d880f0862461.png

Teknoparrot without BigBox is perfect 1920x1080 👇

image.thumb.png.773c6e3dd35310d55aa9c155ecdaa801.png

With BigBox it doesn't work fine 👇

image.thumb.png.f0fb4b316b665d39fd75dd087174ecd1.png

Edited by Sbaby

22 minutes ago, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

Try right clicking MK_AGP3_FINAL.exe > Properties > Compatibility > High DPI Settings >  Check the checkbox "Override High DPI Scaling Behavior" and select "Application" or "System".

ok, with this it works fine! Thank you 👏

But...I had already made these settings a long time ago, after a substantial Windows update it has removed all these particular checks from me also from other particular games to which I had set it.
I ask you if there is a way with a script or command line that allows you to assign these parameters to the file at rom startup