LaunchBox Community Forums

Not really a noob, but a noob question

jtal604622

Been using launchbox for a few setups, but I have a question about folders and layouts... 

I have mister FPGA and all my roms are organized #-G, H-R etc...for all systems through PS1.  I like to have broken out to make easier to find all the roms for all regions that way, but knowing LB it groups them at least in desktop mode.  Is there any way to have it show the folder(s) views and then whats in those folders, similar to Retrobat or the others?

8 minutes ago, jtal604622 said:

Been using launchbox for a few setups, but I have a question about folders and layouts... 

I have mister FPGA and all my roms are organized #-G, H-R etc...for all systems through PS1.  I like to have broken out to make easier to find all the roms for all regions that way, but knowing LB it groups them at least in desktop mode.  Is there any way to have it show the folder(s) views and then whats in those folders, similar to Retrobat or the others?

That is not possible as described currently in Launchbox. However something similar could be accomplished i believe via playlists after import. Maybe someone a bit more knowledgeable about playlists could chime in here as its not a feature i personally use myself.

Neil is right. Unfortunately, playlists are your only option for this at the moment.

You can create auto-populated playlists and use the "Application/ROM Path" field with the "Contains" comparison to automatically filter for games in specific folders. The downside to this is that you would need to manually create a playlist for every single folder that you want to show up inside LB.

It's also important to know that LaunchBox uses relative paths if your ROMs are on the same drive. For example, "D:\Games\SNES\#-D" won’t work if your LB setup is also on the D drive. To find the correct path for the playlist filter you'll need to open the edit window of a game that's in that path. Then go to the "Launching" section and copy everything before the actual ROM filename in the "ROM File" field.