LaunchBox Community Forums

Folder ROM Import Leads to Incorrect Game Titles (Title = ROM Name)

drunkwithpower

I have discovered that every time I import an entire folder of ROMS (via Tools > Import > ROMS) the game titles default to the ROM name. I don't know any way to correct this other than manually editing each game. If I import each ROM separately (by file instead of folder), the titles are correct. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know how i can correct this?

Thank you!

• Unusual Gem 1

6 minutes ago, drunkwithpower said:

Mame/arcade platform. ROM names are correct for Mame v239. Examples - digdug.zip, dking,zip, gng.zip, gorf.zip, tempest.zip, etc...

MAME is different to other systems. First of all if its a full romset then you should use the fullset importer. If it is a selection of MAME roms, then yes use the standard rom importer, but on the last page of the wizard check the box to "Use MAME metadata for systems other than MAME that use MAME naming" or phrasing to that effect. Currently the way you are doing it we do not know the actual game name as the zip name is not the actual game name in most cases, that checkbox will let Launchbox know that it needs to use the MAME naming method.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, neil9000 said:

MAME is different to other systems. First of all if its a full romset then you should use the fullset importer. If it is a selection of MAME roms, then yes use the standard rom importer, but on the last page of the wizard check the box to "Use MAME metadata for systems other than MAME that use MAME naming" or phrasing to that effect. Currently the way you are doing it we do not know the actual game name as the zip name is not the actual game name in most cases, that checkbox will let Launchbox know that it needs to use the MAME naming method.

Solved! I followed your suggestion and the game titles are correct now. Thank you!!!

• Like 1