LaunchBox Community Forums

NeoGeo roms won't launch in launchbox(nothing happens). but it runs in retroarch that launchbox installed

Atlaspopo

having trouble trying to run neogeo games in launchbox. did some research did what they did that solved their issues. but it's still like that games won't boot on launchbox. i tried running it on retroarch and it launches fine. i didnt do a separate download of retroarch. what i did was:

1. import the rom files

2. select the one that launchbox download/installs the retroarch (the recommended one). 

and when it's finish i tried to load a game and it's not launching but when i try to run it on retroarch directly which launchbox downloaded and installed it launches there fine. 

any possible steps i did wrong? please and thank you

15 minutes ago, Atlaspopo said:

having trouble trying to run neogeo games in launchbox. did some research did what they did that solved their issues. but it's still like that games won't boot on launchbox. i tried running it on retroarch and it launches fine. i didnt do a separate download of retroarch. what i did was:

1. import the rom files

2. select the one that launchbox download/installs the retroarch (the recommended one). 

and when it's finish i tried to load a game and it's not launching but when i try to run it on retroarch directly which launchbox downloaded and installed it launches there fine. 

any possible steps i did wrong? please and thank you

Do you have Launchbox set to unzip roms in the manage emulator screen for retroarch? Arcade games MUST stay zipped to work.

what im currently doing now is right click on the game in launchbox open retroarch from there. then load content then load a core. it runs like that. or just run directly from retroarch. it launches fine if im just using directly from retroarch but it wont launch in launchbox 

Edited by Atlaspopo

ok i got it to work now. i just downloaded directly from the retroarch site. downloaded the only needed core(fbalpha 2012 neo geo) and unchecked the "extract rom archives before running" seems like there's a problem with the preconfigured settings that launchbox recommended. thanks for the help guys, new to launchbox so im just learning now hehe 

• 1 year later...