LaunchBox Community Forums

Pinball fx2 messes with fx3

RedHoodRobin64

Thanks for the follow up. I am using load screens to hide most boot stuff. It’s just the first steam game if I do not start steam before BigBox. The task scheduler gets me around the loss of focus so I’ll stick with that for now. I did like the analog sticks but I found for 99% of the games that it really affects I already use Xbox series x/s controllers PlayStation, n64 and GameCube stuff. I really love my IL eurosticks. Every 90’s arcade cabinet I grew up playing used these exact sticks. Nostalgia is real for me. Lol. My servo stick in the middle helps with 4/8 way games to stand at my center position. It’s a great feeling stick. 

This is my first boot of a steam game if I load steam before BigBox starts. Eliminates the prestart for guests which I used to do. I set steam to boot on start of pc and I delay BigBox start by 2 mins. This 2 min wait will change based on your load time of steam startup. The 2mins get me past all those inventory pop ups and steam stealing focus on boot. If it is too short steam steals my focus during my startup video and I can not skip the video but big box does come back in focus. If it is really to short I have to alt-tab to grab focus which I hate to do. 

here are my task scheduler settings 

image.thumb.jpg.20f9454d8629be9dd926a467fd22130e.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.1580fbc72d146f80932ed96820c5c00b.jpg

Edited by SrfrBoyBobby
Ignore the windows controller connect sounds. I only have the windows audio on for programming.

I totally get the nostalgia thing, Being in the woods all my life, it was not often I got to experience arcades. I grew up with literally every system cause I was spoiled rotten. All segas, all nintendos, and all sony. Never really had xbox until much much later. I actually bought a snes switch online controller just so i could use it on the arcade. I hate having to get the keyboard out, one it just looks like things are breaking, and 2, your guest will not think to do that and get confused. Completely ruins the smooth transitions. Your pc is is defently better then mine, gtx 1070 i7 7700 16gb ram. The Internal storage uses hdd which really slows things down for steam. 

Im gonna have to try that out, but never really thought to boot a steam game first either. Thank you for the sugestion! As for the gamecube games and stuff, I find my guests love the light demonstrations and for non gamers (which theres alot around here...lol) I find that the stick and buttons are actually easier for them then traditional controllers. But when i get the new house, I absolutely want controllers for every system to work on here and have a wall dedicated to it 

Woa whats up with that marquee uptop??? How did you get videos playing on it? And ya having this chat with you gave me a jump start on my stuff. Wana get all these lights done so my litle girl will be ready to go with this thing. I actually use one of the defult start ups just when bib box or launchbox boots but i may have to give it a try

I highly recommend the il eurosticks if you love the 90s American arcade feel. 

The video marquee is really simple. Add the video you want to Launchbox>videos>Arcade (or whatever platform)>Marquee

Some of the themes don’t use them so they won’t show on those ones without tweaks etc. Here is a link to a collection of about 500 that are already to go. 

I think I am going to remove my they live  vinyl marquee and replace the whole marquee with a 32” monitor to match my other screen and cabinet width. I’m a bit hesitant as I will probably have to cut into the top of my cabinet which will be a pain….but it will look nice. 

Once I finalize that decision with the marquee I was going to start making custom video marquees. 

I had no idea that you could even have videos displayed on marquees. I thought it would just show the logo or box art. I was gonna make custom images that display what the controls are because the lights sometimes go to quick or someone may not be paying attention. Blew my mind. I actually really wana make custom videos for my playlist and stuff because everyones playlist videos on here dont have everything i make groups for. Some have most but then the ones left out dont match and OCD is a prob that needs to be adressed lol. So the reason my set up is so strange being a pedastal and all, I wanted the rotation feature and i want my second monitor thats too the right to not only be a marquee, but also act as a racing booth with some mario kart steering wheels. Theres some cool ideas i had, mario kart 7 for 3ds had this obscure feature that you could drive in first person, and man its ausome playing it on the big screen. That and i thought to set a computer desk over there as well. Some how maybe have a pull out racing booth. Thats why my set up is so untraditional. I really want a pixel marquee to go above the big rotating screen so i can still get that arcade feel. I will defenently do some research on some click sticks. I could use 2 of them on my build and tell x360ce that its the dpad for p1 and p2