LaunchBox Community Forums

PS1 titles will not play- getting "The file you've specified for the emulator application path was not found."

upjumptheboogie

This seems to exclusively be ps1 titles. This came on suddenly and was working previously. I have deleted and reinstalled the games, and have check individual game paths to be sure they were correct. Games will play via Duckstation outside of LB and BB, but not in it. I have tried retroarch versions  inside LB as well, with the same results. Perhaps I'm missing something obvious. I have even tried importing one game at a time, checked the path and tried both emus within LB- same results.

Have you verified that the emulator path is setup properly? Also that ps1 is associated with an emulator? Tools>Manage>Emulators… check the emulator path here and then double  click on the emulator > associated platforms. I use Retroarch and below is my settings. Obviously my paths will be different. Hope this helps 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi there,

I'm new to Launchbox and get the same error launching roms from RetroArch within Launchbox. My emulator and file paths seem correct and the roms will Launch directly from Retroarch.  Interestingly, the roms show in the folder in File Explorer but not via Launchbox file management tool.  On Windows 11, Version 21H2, OS Build 22000.493.

Screens below.  Any help is appreciated. 

Error:

image.thumb.png.325db3e27723ffb6fcb7cc6bec917cfc.png

Application path:

image.thumb.png.9ae964b5d5dd56ec37a70088f863075c.png

ROM file path viewable through Launchbox:

image.thumb.png.34d2fa54b0dd83583f3236afc6e03e94.png

ROM file path in file explorer:

image.thumb.png.75cb2c302955055b32cc998dcebf5181.png

Game launched in RetroArch:

image.thumb.png.646237103faa156b34b2383209a6a923.png

Just now, atariLBC said:

Hi there,

I'm new to Launchbox and get the same error launching roms from RetroArch within Launchbox. My emulator and file paths seem correct and the roms will Launch directly from Retroarch.  Interestingly, the roms show in the folder in File Explorer but not via Launchbox file management tool.  On Windows 11, Version 21H2, OS Build 22000.493.

Screens below.  Any help is appreciated. 

Error:

image.thumb.png.325db3e27723ffb6fcb7cc6bec917cfc.png

Application path:

image.thumb.png.9ae964b5d5dd56ec37a70088f863075c.png

ROM file path viewable through Launchbox:

image.thumb.png.34d2fa54b0dd83583f3236afc6e03e94.png

ROM file path in file explorer:

image.thumb.png.75cb2c302955055b32cc998dcebf5181.png

Game launched in RetroArch:

image.thumb.png.646237103faa156b34b2383209a6a923.png

Your second image, Launchbox is pointing to the Retroarch folder, but not the actual retroarch.exe.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SrfrBoyBobby said:

Have you verified that the emulator path is setup properly? Also that ps1 is associated with an emulator? Tools>Manage>Emulators… check the emulator path here and then double  click on the emulator > associated platforms. I use Retroarch and below is my settings. Obviously my paths will be different. Hope this helps 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Weird- It was pointed to the right place- but I redid it as you have shown and it worked! Thanks :)