LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame games fail to launch

PDSUK

Hope somebody can help.

When I try to launch a mame game from Launchbox or Bigbix the game doesn't load. it tried to load it but then it cuts out.

I can launch mame manually and run the roms from there.

I installed a megadrive emulator and successfuly luanched games using the same methods.

Mame version is 0.240b

Launchbox installed to D:\Launchbox

Mame Installed to D:\Launchbox\Systems\Mame

Lauchbox imprted games to D:\Launchbox\Games\Arcade

Launchbox has detected all games and metadata

I'm using standalone mame. The first time I tried this I let Launcboix download and install mame for me the second time I tried it all manually in the same way I set up kega fusion. Either way Launchbox just doesn't seem initiate mame correctly. But like I said if a launch mame on its own I can rund the games from there.

Edited by PDSUK

Iv'e started afresh and have managed to get it Launchbox/Mame working together by setting everything up manually only adding the roms I want to the mame/roms folder. Which is fine because I prefer a more compact, curated setup.

May I ask a mod to remove my pics as they havge my account name on.

Thanks for your input.

I had this same problem with mame roms today if I put  them in the same folder as LB says to in the

instructions when you try to run a rom it just goes black then back to the LB screen showing the roms,

make sure that  you just have LB on it's own in a folder and just direct it to your mame and the roms in

their original folder (separate, don't have them in the LB folder) hope this makes sense, I have no idea

why it won't work when in the same folder.

5 hours ago, Scorchio said:

I had this same problem with mame roms today if I put  them in the same folder as LB says to in the

instructions when you try to run a rom it just goes black then back to the LB screen showing the roms,

make sure that  you just have LB on it's own in a folder and just direct it to your mame and the roms in

their original folder (separate, don't have them in the LB folder) hope this makes sense, I have no idea

why it won't work when in the same folder.

It will work in the same folder. Many users do this. If you have your roms in a different folder than the Mame folder you need to make sure to change the folder location within the Mame ini file.